tikka t3 lite

walker

Accuracy and reliability wise they are fine, the full length barrel was a pig to get some balance into because the stock, and rear stock in particular, are so light, newer versions are available with a shorter barrel and screw cut. The plastic bolt shroud is no more than aesthetics, it is not even required, can't see what the problem is with it.

I like my Tikkas, but I like the Hunter better.

post-20848-0-37962600-1380785803_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dekers

They're nice rifles. Just bought one in .243 myself and it's shooting sub 1" with every load I've given it from start to just under maximum charge with the first bullet I've tried. That's not a bad effort and I know I can get it tighter when I've had a chance to play with it a bit.

My mate has two Lites, a .222 and a 6.5x55 and they shoot well too. I won a comp against a fella shooting an Accuracy International sniper rifle some time ago with his .222! I'm not saying it's a better gun, but it's bloody accurate! I can shoot three rounds through the same hole with it at 100 yards, five if it's not rushed into getting hot.

I've never used the T3 Hunter but it looks nice. I did once have a laminate version in 6.5 and that was very nice indeed. If weight and money weren't an issue that's what I would have bought. It really is a nice gun! The plastic bits do bug me a little but they're functional and don't often fail. The triggers are brilliant and the bolts smooth. You could do a lot worse that's for sure.

Not sure who it was maybe Adam f but I could be wrong asked the same a few weeks back. He ended up buying a Sauer!

On a slightly different note.....

If anyone needs it, I've a T3 action spanner (this was CNC'd out of a solid block of steel 6 inches Dia and an inch thick) along with a barrel clamp. Only used once!

If you are actually waiting on GMK, who have no stock, don't hold your breath!

ATB!

Im overseas and put in for variation before I left. Its just got approved last week. So wont be home for another six weeks. Its in the RFD waiting for me.

Im overseas and put in for variation before I left. Its just got approved last week. So wont be home for another six weeks. Its in the RFD waiting for me.

As a matter of interest I have several sets of mounts available for the Tikka, NEW and used, (but you would never know they were used), in both 25mm/1" and 30mm.

If you (or anyone) has any interest PM me what you need and I'll check, good deals! :yes::good:

I have 2 in small and large, thinking about buying a medium if i find one at the right price hehe.

the one has and after market bolt shroud as i heard of the stories or them cracking but the 6.5, even with a crack in it i will leave as is for now. i have put a lighter spring in the trigger, and that shoots sweet, oh and a new barrel on the 6.5.

the bolts are smooth but i still get the wet'n'dry on it and then onto the polishing machine, now their both very smooth.