Son bitten at school today

ME

It's funny because every school year has the odd bottom dweller who ruins it for everyone else.

The teachers must see it all the time and year on year.

I wonder if experienced teachers can do an accurate "who's who" at say 12 years old - picking out who is going to be the doctors, dentists, criminals, mentalists, homosexuals and so on.

I really doubt that, 12 year old me was a beast, you'd never have predicted the handsome rich bit back then. :lol::lol:

Lighten up people, it makes me wonder if some bother even reading the original thread, bite mark not broken skin, it wasn't Hannibal Lecter in other words just kids being ******.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mrs ME got a call from the school today because my eldest lad (12 years) was grabbed at lunchtime by two boys in his year and whilst one boy held him down, the other lad bit him on the back through his blazer. It hasn't broken the skin, but there are discernible red / purple teeth marks on his back.

The teacher that called Mrs ME started the conversation with "There's no need to worry but ME jnr has been bitten at school today...." what the... ?!!!

What has the world come to? What happened to wedgies? or fistycuffs? or a ruck on the playing fields with everyone shouting "fight, fight, fight"?

If the school don't act correctly bring a case for assault via police. Never mind the BS such things are better jumped on hard at an early age

Tell him to kick the other lad in the nuts as hard as possible.

Bang on and then knock his teeth out , nowt wrong with defending yourself and teaching the bully/ coward a lesson,

I don't condone violence but sometimes it has to be done ( tin hat firmly on swede)

Atb

Flynny

Mrs ME got a call from the school today because my eldest lad (12 years) was grabbed at lunchtime by two boys in his year and whilst one boy held him down, the other lad bit him on the back through his blazer. It hasn't broken the skin, but there are discernible red / purple teeth marks on his back.

The teacher that called Mrs ME started the conversation with "There's no need to worry but ME jnr has been bitten at school today...." what the... ?!!!

What has the world come to? What happened to wedgies? or fistycuffs? or a ruck on the playing fields with everyone shouting "fight, fight, fight"?

could be a police matter its an assault

Bang on and then knock his teeth out , nowt wrong with defending yourself and teaching the bully/ coward a lesson,

I don't condone violence but sometimes it has to be done ( tin hat firmly on swede)

Atb

Flynny

Knock out the teeth of a 12 year old ? Can you hear yourself ?

Loud and clear mate, he won't hold anyone down and bite them again,

Know off you pop and read some other self righteous drivel that the PC brigade have dreamt up , crack on pal

Atb. Flynny

fight, fight, fight!

no biting lads! :lol:

Loud and clear mate, he won't hold anyone down and bite them again,

Know off you pop and read some other self righteous drivel that the PC brigade have dreamt up , crack on pal

Atb. Flynny

Wow, recommending the knocking out of 12 year olds teeth for school yard pranks, crack on too you say ? Yeah you're right violence will fix everyfink. Now off you pop and spread your intelligent advice elsewhere too in case some miss out.

A lad bit me when we were kids,(left teeth mark through my bomber jacket) he went home with a flat nose and a shirt full of claret. Mind that was over 30 years ago but never had any more trouble with him.

Those days never existed so far as bullies are concerned. 40 years ago I was bullied by 2 or 3 kids at school, they were sneaky nasty kids and would catch me when no-one was about. I didn't want to fight anyone, one on-one or otherwise. I wasn't soft, just scared of getting into trouble. It only stopped when I caught one of them on his own and battered him.

Tell him to kick the other lad in the nuts as hard as possible.

Have we heard ourselves ha ha ha

Atb

Flynny

I don't think Hamster was being self righteous in the slightest, this was a fairly mild playground incident (bad but not uncommon) and advocating knocking a pre-teens teeth out is an over reaction in anyone's book, particulaly when you consider what type of forum we are on. ME's son would come off much worse in the end as well so not great advice.

For the record the exact same thing happened to mine and I just asked the teacher to have a word which they already had done. When I think back to what we were like at school with one another :lol::sad1: I actually believe bullies and fights were much much worse back then.

Although I would never condone physical violence against kids of any age sometimes its the only thing they understand. Biting whether through clothes or on exposed flesh is not socially acceptable and at the very least the perpetrators should be severely rebuked by the school.

I was trying to work out why it is wrong and Mike is right, it is socially unacceptable. These lads are young adults. Biting is more spiteful than fighting. This kid has made some fairly substantial marks, this wasn't a prank or game, he meant to harm.

Although I would never condone physical violence against kids of any age sometimes its the only thing they understand. Biting whether through clothes or on exposed flesh is not socially acceptable and at the very least the perpetrators should be severely rebuked by the school.

and the way to teach them another way is to take that alternative route. Violence creates more violence. Being interviewed by the cops over a pending assault at 12 might sharpen his thought process up before it start getting serious

Absolutely, nothing overtly physically domineering is socially acceptable but this sort of thing is the perfect opportunity to teach the bad kids the limits of naughty behaviour. Your sons should know how to defend themselves when the circumstances allow for no other recourse but short fusing them at an early age will only cause harm in the long run, this could easily escalate to parental fights if kids are encouraged to punch out teeth at school.

ME jnr is a top level student. He is working two school years above his syllabus age. He is a popular lad and is no geek or wimp.

He can handle himself (he does boxing training) and last time the same kid started on him he laid him out and got himself suspended (for sticking up for himself). This time he didn't lower himself to their level (because he doesn't want anything going on his school record).

In our day, we would have just told him to defend himself, but now it all gets reported and could count against him in the future. At his school you have to be "invited" to attend six form rather than applying.

This is interesting to me ME because I'm a teacher. Firstly you say your son is 12 which means he's in year 7 (and has been for half a term) you say the last time this boy did this your lad got suspended which if it happened this term would be unusual ....pupils rarely get suspended for defending themselves in my experience, the perpetrator may do. Did the previous event happen at primary school?

It's great that he is working two years above his "syllabus age" I've not heard that term before but I assume you mean he's working at the level of a year 9 kid...you must be very proud

Hope the incident gets sorted

Oh, by the way ...if its a state school it is illegal to select for sixth form by "invite" . The criteria for entry to a sixth form can only ever be based on academic requirements, not behaviour. Still, that's a few years away yet for your lad

Edited by Passionforangling

As an ex teacher and Union member you should make sure you take a photograph of the bite mark first with a ruler alongside it for reference. Then get along to the school and demand to see the head teacher. They have a legal obligation to provide a safe environment. Demand that the head do something about it. If he refuses then inform him you will go to the governors, the LEA (Local Education Authority), the Press and get the police involved. It is an assault which left a mark. That generally gets things moving and no school likes bad press.

The photographic evidence is paramount. Get the picture of the mark before it shows any sign of disappearing. Remember to check it tomorrow and photograph it again if it shows signs of the bruising developing.

Best of luck.

Normally hamster I agree with most you say.

Not on this though.

My eldest is comming up for 4. Now right or wrongly I have told him to fight back. There is a gob****e at his nursery that makes the other kids time a misery. He pushed my boy and my lad told me about it. I just said if he does it again punch him.

3 days later he did.

As an ex teacher and Union member you should make sure you take a photograph of the bite mark first with a ruler alongside it for reference. Then get along to the school and demand to see the head teacher. They have a legal obligation to provide a safe environment. Demand that the head do something about it. If he refuses then inform him you will go to the governors, the LEA (Local Education Authority), the Press and get the police involved. It is an assault which left a mark. That generally gets things moving and no school likes bad press.

The photographic evidence is paramount. Get the picture of the mark before it shows any sign of disappearing. Remember to check it tomorrow and photograph it again if it shows signs of the bruising developing.

Best of luck.

+1

Now, that is sense talking