Sleep paralysis

LondonLuke

Anyone here suffer with the above?

Had it a few times this year, seems to be just as I am falling asleep. I get the sensation that I am being squashed or pushed into the bed as if someone sat on my chest and the inability to move any body part regardless of how hard I try

Quite interesting reading up on it but keen to hear from anyone else who gets this?

Had it a couple of times. Only when i've had an afternoon nap though.

Found myself waking up thinking, "move" and i just wouldn't move. Only lasted a few seconds. Told a friend at the gym about it, he's experienced it before.

I never knew there was a proper term for it!

Had it a couple of times. Only when i've had an afternoon nap though.

Found myself waking up thinking, "move" and i just wouldn't move. Only lasted a few seconds. Told a friend at the gym about it, he's experienced it before.

I never knew there was a proper term for it!

It's quite fascinating (whilst at the time being quite scary!). The paralysis is to stop you from acting on what you are dreaming about and to stop you from sudden jerks or worse.

First time it happened to me I thought it was a heart attack and thought my time had come!

I've had this and still get it, feels like I'm waking from a dream but can't move I end up screaming for help in my paralyzed state and sometimes feel as if someone is kneeling on me,

I have found too much caffeine or stress add to episodes,,

There is some interesting stuff on the net about it

Had it 3 times and probably the scariest thing I have had happen.To lie there eyes open,and try to move and shout and not able to do anything is nay nice.

Glad it's not just me being a girl, it really is terrifying and it feels like it goes on for ages but is probably less than a minute

I've had this and still get it, feels like I'm waking from a dream but can't move I end up screaming for help in my paralyzed state and sometimes feel as if someone is kneeling on me,

I have found too much caffeine or stress add to episodes,,

There is some interesting stuff on the net about it

I agree about the stress, I do seem to have spells of it when I'm having a busy/difficult time at work.

Each time I've had it I have the feeling of a huge weight pressing down on me too

only happend to me once about 25 years ago after a night out in Manchester the Ritz if anyone knows it, couldn't move and had a feeling of huge weight pressing down on me :hmm: i think she was called Carol shorthand typist worked for the CIS :whistling:

Edited by chrisjh

Anyone here suffer with the above?

Had it a few times this year, seems to be just as I am falling asleep. I get the sensation that I am being squashed or pushed into the bed as if someone sat on my chest and the inability to move any body part regardless of how hard I try

Quite interesting reading up on it but keen to hear from anyone else who gets this?

Used to be called a Succubus ... Female demon having sexual intercourse with a man. ( Have fun ).

only happend to me once about 25 years ago after a night out in Manchester the Ritz if anyone knows it, couldn't move and had a feeling of huge weight pressing down on me :hmm: i think she was called Carol shorthand typist worked for the CIS :whistling:

for gods sake why oh why are they always called CAROL ....that is sooo spooky

sorry did you say short tongued, oh no shorthand, my mistake. :lol: