India launches rocket to Mars

Grayson

Absolutely :yes:. It continues to baffle me how people who otherwise come across as bright and articulate seem to so easily expose their naivety.

Well if you're being lied to, that's what happens. "Foreign Aid" is a bit like "Rocky Mountain Oysters" - Sounds great, but it's not what you think.

Foreign aid should really have terms and conditions.

foreign aid used to come with "terms and conditions" 20 years ago.....britain would supply the money and the consultants and the money would go into a forex acc and would be spent thro crown agents buying only british goods.....

court of human rights got involved and now we hand over the money and the recipient manages it and does what they like with it....

We gave India £250 million in aid last year....the aid ends in 2015...the rocket cost £55 million..and India spends in excess of £200 biillion a year on relieving poverty...agree that massive aid handouts should be audited a little better..

Edited by smig4373

I've been to India (Goa) a few times. They have recently put up the price go a visa from something like £28 to £92 ( not sure of the exact figures but its a huge increase) . Interestingly it seems this huge increase is only applicable to UK applicants, the cost to my Australian friends has remained the same.

Makes you wonder who the mug is?

I've been to India (Goa) a few times. They have recently put up the price go a visa from something like £28 to £92 ( not sure of the exact figures but its a huge increase) . Interestingly it seems this huge increase is only applicable to UK applicants, the cost to my Australian friends has remained the same.

Makes you wonder who the mug is?

I am going india in Feb. the visa is costing me £104 pounds!!!