late payment charge...

leeds chimp

24 hours late, i don't know what your all going on about... cash flow this and cash flow that, you will all moan when a bank nails you for messing up.

5% for an oversight paid by the very next day, they could of waved that for sure.... and the talk of good business sense is just rubbish. yes that rule should be there to protect the business but charging your loyal customers like this will long term damage you.... and that's a fact!!!#

This is companies Putting greed before there clients...

Sorry but I totally disagree with this. If the contract says the 15th then they have every right to adhere to that. Yes, it was only one day but how long do you drag it out for? Two days, three days, a week, a month, longer?

A business needs to stick to it's policies. If it has payments it needs to make on the 15th and every customer pays a day late then it can't pay it's bills and may incurr charges or damamge its standing with suppliers. You can't run a business like that.

J.

I would have a quiet word with them. Three years paying and one slip up makes you hardly a serial offender.

I have had late/overdrawn charges with both a credit card and a bank account recently. The bank account went overdrawn for less than 24 hours and the credit card was paid on a Friday but alas Sat/Sun don't count as working days so I was charged for late payment. I challenged both and both were refunded.

As others have said for a one time offender it is a disgusting way to treat a loyal customer. Difficult but I would be sorely tempted to seek a new nursery although that might be unsettling for your daughter. The nursery my daughter goes to has no late fees. They manage so I wonder why others have to be so strict?