Finally got the the lamp shy fox..

Archie-fox

Morning all...

Shot this fox last night that must be the worst lamp shy fox I've ever had..soon as you turned on the lamp he was off at full speed, so at 11pm last night I tucked myself at the bottom of a tree, put the fox-pro out about 60ft away and began waiting, the odd scan with the nightmaster 800 showed nothing, after I started to get really cold we decided to move..a last flash and there he was running in at full speed, a quick shout and a solid neck shot at 40 yards and he was in the bag...

null_zpsdb5d1c65.jpg

Rich

Well done, it allways seems to me when getting those lamp shy fox's you've achieved more.

Why was it lamp shy in the first place,was it missed previously ???

Yea must have been, soon as it saw the amber lightforce it was off, been like it for about 6 months...but was on my way to another area and has the nightmaster with me so thort I've nothing to loose gave it 20 mins and started to get cold so thort I'd move on and my mate had a last flash and it was running in from the left...kept the nightmaster on the small beam just off him and dropped him..

NV sorts them sort out, its almost cheating.

A shooter in my local got upset when I mentioned about me using Night Vision, "its not very sporting" he grumbled.

Never mind I said, you keep missing them and getting them mega lamp shy and I'll get the call to clear em up, LOL

NV sorts them sort out, its almost cheating.

A shooter in my local got upset when I mentioned about me using Night Vision, "its not very sporting" he grumbled.

Never mind I said, you keep missing them and getting them mega lamp shy and I'll get the call to clear em up, LOL

That's just the same for me...the local guy just takes pot shots at them, then when I catch up with them they bolt at the first sign of the lamp...it's good to catch up with them, I'm looking at night vision at the moment will get one when Xmas is out of the way...( and when the wife is on holiday with her mate in America)...

Funnily enough I managed to catch up with one I've been after for quite a while last night also. Really bright night and could see her quite clearly out on the field where she usually is but this time I just drove past, parked up and wandered nice and quietly down the lane (private road) and there she was about 40-50yds away. It was almost like daylight so no lamp to scare her off. It's nice to mop up the shy ones.

good field craft archie,ive never used night vision yet and i hear about it all the time now,ime 50,50 about it,but who knows in time to come,i always think a fox runs more from seeing a human than it does a lamp,but saying that every fox i come across always acts different any way,good shooting any way,atb simon......