What a lovely world.

Seamus

Police weren't interested at all; they asked me if I'd spoken to the neighboring offices regarding CCTV, which I had, so apparently the lines of inquiry were exhausted.

Like BBQ idea, except they only bothered to put one side on bricks the other was left on two jacks (one of which went through the passenger floor). I put the four bricks they used back into the gaps on the edge of the car park...

If there is a bright side I suppose I now have 2 spare jacks.

And a hole in the floor you can pee through so you don't have to get out and do it at the roadside in full view of other delicate persons :lol:

Hint : See other thread somewhere........

Lots of that has happend on the Thames this year.

The usual suspects.

Stole my Ifor trailer to cart the engine away on, geezer caught locally with my trailer a year later, let off without prosecution. Don't think it was the "usual suspects" TBH but by not prosecuting the scrote caught with the trailer a valuable lead to the engine theft could have been lost?

CPS are a waste of space!!!!

The flip side of the coin though is a while back someone nicked the wheel trims from my Transit (its a top spec model) and because i work for a company which invented the word pedantic i informed the Police to get a crime reference number to cover my a$$.

Two hours later i had SOCO outside my house dusting the van for prints (im not kidding either!).

Im confused.....(I know...yet again)

I take the wheels and tyres were £1,155.72, labour for fitting them £595, both plus vat

whats the net price bit?

:shaun:

I don't blame you, this is the third quote I got from them and it doesn't make sense until you see the other sections before the Grand Total (it's 3 pages long).

Tyres:

post-25830-0-52776600-1385488894_thumb.jpg

Wheels:

post-25830-0-62627000-1385488921_thumb.jpg

etc..

Right...I sort of get it now

The tyres cost £1386.86 inc Vat

Wheels cost £3462.96 inc Vat

Thats £1212.45 a corner!!!!

Labour cost £714 inc Vat, how can they charge £714 for fitting 4 wheels and tyres???

Ah....there was the rear window as well.......still seems pricey

:shaun:

I got a call last night on my way home only to be told my car had its window put through. They went through the car, opening glove box, ash tray, even folding down the back seat to get into the boot. However, my lighter on the dash, aftermarket speakers lying on the back seat and £400 shooting jacket were all still there, absolutely nothing taken.

Think yourself lucky they only smashed your window. When i had my shogun done over on my drive they punched both front door locks through the doors to get in for the locking wheel nut key, pulled all the kids car seats and buggies out and left them in the pouring rain while turning the car upside down to find the key.

They then stole 3 wheels and the locking wheel nuts, bolts etc, but left one on which then had to be cut off.

Final bill was nearly a grand on new kids stuff as i refused to put my two babies in car seats that had been fingered by theiving scum and were soaked through, the bill for the car came to over £4000.

Funny how my trucks seem to get done over every year either the week before or after Appleby fair !! Coincidence ? I think not.

Edited by Alex C

The car also had damage to the passenger floor, trim was all cracked and they put a hole in it so that's where the additional costs have come from.

The car is a company car, but it's also my company so as far as I'm concerned it's my car; fortunately it is all going through insurance else I would be kicking up about the price of the wheels etc.

Currently it's still sat at the Audi dealer waiting for the insurance to approve the work "can take up to 5 days".

Since this happened last week we have fitted CCTV in the office and over the car park; it's already taken a video of two blokes looking through all the office windows, including ours.