pigeons

hawkeye

Well went for a roam round a few farms today to see if there was any sign of birds on the rape yet.. :yes::lol:

Pulled up on the road near one of Kdubya's farms i was passing on the way to one of mine, gave him a ring to tell him there was no birds about.. :lol::lol:

Got to the farm I was going to then spent the next hour speaking to the farmers son, then had a wander round the farm yard and shot a couple of ferals.

Kdubya turned up so we had a good natter then he went to check some of his farms for birds!!

I decided to go down to the small wood on this farm so jumped into the motor went down the road about 1 mile pulled into the gate of the field leading to the wood just then Keith rang to say he was watching hundreds of pigeon flighting into a wood just across the road from his permission.

Any way as I started to wander across the field to the wood about 200 birds took flight. :lol::lol:

Got myself set up in the wood which isn’t very big maybe 100 yds long and 30yds wide at the most!!

A few birds started to flight in i ended up with 4 now this is the funny part i decided to check the crops to see what they had been eating one was empty not a thing in it the other 3 were stuffed with not acorns, beach mast, or rape but bloody WHEAT how they had got this I do not know. :lol::lol::/

Yeah looks like its from pheasant feeders, daft **** must be using bins with oversize slots and the wheat is spilling to the floor and the woodies are feasting on it rather than the pheasants pecking it out!, seems someone is spending a bit of time and effort to support the local woodie population rather than encouraging his pheasants to stick about,

cheers KW

My old man had three pigeons coming to his bird table eating mostly peanuts. I was decoying a field less than a mile from his house , yes you guessed it i shot a pigeon packed with peanuts. I had'nt the heart to tell him ,but three had become two on his bird table.

Funny what you find in their crops.

Hawkeye if the wheat was clean then from a feeder , dirty then a stubble field.

Well went for a roam round a few farms today to see if there was any sign of birds on the rape yet.. :yes::lol:

Pulled up on the road near one of Kdubya's farms i was passing on the way to one of mine, gave him a ring to tell him there was no birds about.. :lol::lol:

Got to the farm I was going to then spent the next hour speaking to the farmers son, then had a wander round the farm yard and shot a couple of ferals.

Kdubya turned up so we had a good natter then he went to check some of his farms for birds!!

I decided to go down to the small wood on this farm so jumped into the motor went down the road about 1 mile pulled into the gate of the field leading to the wood just then Keith rang to say he was watching hundreds of pigeon flighting into a wood just across the road from his permission.

Any way as I started to wander across the field to the wood about 200 birds took flight. :lol::lol:

Got myself set up in the wood which isn’t very big maybe 100 yds long and 30yds wide at the most!!

A few birds started to flight in i ended up with 4 now this is the funny part i decided to check the crops to see what they had been eating one was empty not a thing in it the other 3 were stuffed with not acorns, beach mast, or rape but bloody WHEAT how they had got this I do not know. :/:lol::lol:

So your toes were STILL sticking out then :lol:

(had to beat Mark to that one)

If thay were stuffed full of wheat i would have said the same and there is a pheasant feeder near by they are gorging on.

The Partridge were full of Acorns too when i looked at them but all the pheasants had nothing in them but Wheat.

I hope the flights pick up for you soon Bud :lol:

LG

I think you are right It certainly looks like its from pheasant feeders the corn was clean just like it had come out of a combine.

LG

My feet are not as big as Marks so just watch it you "geordie reject you" :lol::lol::/:lol:

Did you ever get Postman Pats van going then :lol::lol::yes::lol:

I think you are right It certainly looks like its from pheasant feeders the corn was clean just like it had come out of a combine.

LG

My feet are not as big as Marks so just watch it you "geordie reject you" :lol::/:lol::lol:

Did you ever get Postman Pats van going then :lol::lol::yes::lol:

Yes and it runs great. I took it to it's first shoot on Thursday and took the 3 of us there no bother :lol:

And it's LORD geordie reject thankyou very much :lol:

LG

LG

My feet are not as big as Marks so just watch it you "geordie reject you" :/:lol::lol::lol:

Did you ever get Postman Pats van going then :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes and it runs great. I took it to it's first shoot on Thursday and took the 3 of us there no bother :lol:

LG

Im ever so sorry melord :yes::lol::P:P

LG

My feet are not as big as Marks so just watch it you "geordie reject you" :/:lol::lol::lol:

Did you ever get Postman Pats van going then :lol::lol::lol::lol:

LG

Im ever so sorry melord :yes::lol::P:P

LMFBO

LB

On my shoot the other day the pigeons were around all the pheasant feeders, unfortunately didnt come back when i set up with an air rifle in the pheasant cover though :lol:

Perhaps have a word with the game keeper about the pigeons nicking the wheat and be careful shooting near the feeders (let the game keeper know if you intend to) as it only takes someone to CLAIM they saw you shooting at his pheasants and you may lose your shoot :yes:

LG

On my shoot the other day the pigeons were around all the pheasant feeders, unfortunately didnt come back when i set up with an air rifle in the pheasant cover though :lol:

Perhaps have a word with the game keeper about the pigeons nicking the wheat and be careful shooting near the feeders (let the game keeper know if you intend to) as it only takes someone to CLAIM they saw you shooting at his pheasants and you may lose your shoot :yes:

LG

Thanks Geordie, but its ok the farmer himself told me to go up by the pheasant cover and shoot the ruddy pigeons. He knows that I wont touch the pheasants and that is the first rule on the shoot.

The reason why was when he first showed me round the farm he showed me the pheasant cover etc and had to dash off. Then he realised he had forgot to tell me not to shoot the pheasants and came back rather paniced asking whether I had shot any! I said i was not that stupid and he laughed saying that he had visions of coming round the corner and seeing 2-3 pheasants over the bonnet of my car.