How did we all do today

MC

So come on how did we all get on this weekend?

I shot with suffolk shooter today and I have to admit he beat me, only by one but he still beat me. I was very suprised that it was only by one as every time he took to a stand the clays just seemed to break whereas I think my cartridges were full of polystyrene beads and I was very inconsistent.

Before the scores were counted I would have said I hadn't got to 30/50 but I did just finishing the day on 30/50.It was a new shoot and they had some very good targets, not particularly hard but testing.

No excuses I just couldn't seem to get on them.

6/10 must try harder.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that SS's secret was imagining every clay had the face of his ex shoot captain, and she wasn't going to miss that one :lol::lol::lol:

She, She, SHE!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Your only gutted cos I beat you :P:lol: . Too be honest I thought the targets were good, testing targets and with that gusting wind on that going away bird/long incomer, it made it interesting.

Note to Mungler, Bring on those Battues Boy, what a star I was on those today. Stand had 3 pairs of Battue an incomer and a Left to right crosser. Nailed 5/6. As MC said evry time I was on the stand the clays seemed to shatter. MC's claiming the credit, as he changed the chokes when we were at The Fenns, but Hey I've still gotta get it in the right position :lol::lol:

Must admit I thought I had scored higher than 31/50, but to be honest I was glad to get out after the events of Friday and enjoyed it immensly, especially when three of the blokes I went up to Scotland with were there and they were barracking right from the start. Shut them up though after the Battues :o :lol::/

Anybody interested in going there, next one's on the 21st January, well worth it.

Cheers

SS :lol:

I went to 4 Counties SG, near Newbury, Berks.

Nice little layout in a wooded setting, shot like a complete muppet in the 70 bird registered sporting to return an abysmal 58. :lol:

Won by a local lad with a 69, that was very good shooting..!! :lol:

Had another go in the re-entry competition over the same layout, managed a marginally better 64, but lo & behold, Richard Faulds MBE turned in a 69, so stuffed again..!!

Managed to straight the pool shoot, ended up in a 4 way shoot off with Richard & others, got stuffed again, Richard shot 9 ex 10, I shot 6, picked up £35 for third place..!! :lol:

I need to get my act together before Dartford on 21st..!! :lol:

Cat

I joined Cat and his friends for the 70 Registered Sporting at Four Counties yesterday. My first shoot of 2007 and also my first in B Class. I brought up the rear of the squad with 50 which certainly didn’t worry the B Class leader board as someone has posted a 60 in B which was very impressive. I wasn't dissapointed with 50 but I could have done better. I seem to remember (although it was along time ago) that sentence featured on my school report a lot. :lol:

It was a good mornings shooting with very enjoyable company, all of which are excellent shots. It’s always a pleasure to shoot with and learn from such talented people.

I left before the re-entry, one shoot was quite enough for me and I always worry that my score will go down not up as it’s supposed to do.

Anyway t’was a great shoot (if a little muddy) and thanks for your guidance Cat it’s much appreciated :lol:

Shot 48/50 on Saturday (very easy set up because of the rain - all going away because none of the trappers wanted to get wet setting up) - I think there is a 4 way tie to shoot off next week.

Shot 40/50 on Sunday and couldn't be ***** to have a second round. Wet and cold again.

I joined Cat and his friends for the 70 Registered Sporting at Four Counties yesterday. My first shoot of 2007 and also my first in B Class. I brought up the rear of the squad with 50 which certainly didn’t worry the B Class leader board as someone has posted a 60 in B which was very impressive. I wasn't dissapointed with 50 but I could have done better. I seem to remember (although it was along time ago) that sentence featured on my school report a lot. :lol:

It was a good mornings shooting with very enjoyable company, all of which are excellent shots. It’s always a pleasure to shoot with and learn from such talented people.

I left before the re-entry, one shoot was quite enough for me and I always worry that my score will go down not up as it’s supposed to do.

Anyway t’was a great shoot (if a little muddy) and thanks for your guidance Cat it’s much appreciated :P

Jonsey shot like real pro, with swing, timing and attitude pretty close to perfect, it's great to have somebody to follow on to the stand who's cool, carm and collected, :good:, all that's needed is a bit more practice on those odd bogey birds, I reckon we've got a future England Team member there, keep it up Jonsey, and hope you can make it to the PW shoot at Dartford CSC on Sunday 21st..??

Cat. :P

That's really very nice of you to say so but stop it now Cat you're making me blush :look:

You can count me in for the 21st at Dartford I'd love to come and shoot with you guys. I promise not to pick your card to shoot first this time Cat, I'll let someone else choose you. :yp:

Met up with Gully for a 100 bird sporting today.

Got of to a flyer carding 45ex50 to start with, a small break and some food and it all went to pot :lol: One stand of 5 pairs was actually very dangerous and one shooter fell over trying to shoot them, so I am basically not counting those. With that out of the equation I finished on 79ex90 (or 82ex100) with the stupid dangerous stand included.

Was happy with that. Gully was doing extremely well with his shiny new virgin silver pigeon, nice bit of wood on that gun mate!

I have not been for about 7-8 months and returned today hoping to make it a regular sunday morning thing again. 19/50 as you can see I need the practice. Only thing is when I got to the clay ground there was a sign saying Last day todat were closing untill further notice :oops::angry: . Not sure if it will reopen or not. Heard some regulers saying the owners are having relationship problems and they might be selling up. :good::lol: Hope not

Im not sure if there is anywhere elts around here to go clay shooting. (Chesterfield Derbyshire).

Tried the Mid Wales Clay Ground again, lots of sporting clay layouts and some of them are very testing, my eye is back in with a vengeance so I did not embarrass myself too much. Did some coaching with my Brother and he is making good progress. Loads of people doing DTL and I may have a crack at it in a fortnight.

Pat

Well got my best score on DTL so far..

First round..44 out of 75

Second Round 48 of out 75..

Had to keep stopping though as there was some faults with the trap..seemed to be breaking alot of the clays on the call aswel.

Getting there!! :good:

One of the BIGGEST causes of this is pick ups :angry:

Clays thay were missed and collected at the end of the day and put BACK into the traps and people are charged for second hand clays.

Used to happen a LOT a steve Smiths till Darren and his parents took over the clay side of things.

Some times it can ALSO be caused by debris in the trap.

Old maladjusted or un-serviced traps can also break clays.

LG

Well got my best score on DTL so far..

First round..44 out of 75

Second Round 48 of out 75..

Had to keep stopping though as there was some faults with the trap..seemed to be breaking alot of the clays on the call aswel.

Getting there!! :good:

One of the BIGGEST causes of this is pick ups :angry:

Clays thay were missed and collected at the end of the day and put BACK into the traps and people are charged for second hand clays.

Used to happen a LOT a steve Smiths till Darren and his parents took over the clay side of things.

Some times it can ALSO be caused by debris in the trap.

Old maladjusted or un-serviced traps can also break clays.

LG

Well i think on one of my rounds the battery died so he had to change that over, and the reason behind the broken clays were the fact that its been really busy the last few weeks, over the winter he usually gives the trap a good clean every 2 weeks but he hasnt for a while, there were bits of broken clay in the mechanism that had gone hard due to the cold weather.

Went to my usual club today of a round of sporting & got my personal best - 47 ex 60, which i was well chuffed, especially as i fluffed one stand missing 6! Usually use Blue diamond but my shop ran out so i was using White gold - VERY punchy cartridges, they kick like a mule, has anyone else found this??

Went to my usual club today of a round of sporting & got my personal best - 47 ex 60, which i was well chuffed, especially as i fluffed one stand missing 6! Usually use Blue diamond but my shop ran out so i was using White gold - VERY punchy cartridges, they kick like a mule, has anyone else found this??

I used the white golds today, i like them and do very well with them, but they are no different to the Blue diamonds they also stock, same size (7.5), same load (28grms)

I used the white golds today, i like them and do very well with them, but they are no different to the Blue diamonds they also stock, same size (7.5), same load (28grms)

I did well with them too, they are £6 cheaper than the Blues for 250. But i could tell the difference between the two in terms of recoil. I remember a while back, someone on the forum had noticed the same.