Two police forces are offering up to £1,000 to people who report suspe

Psyxologos

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea,

and between opening time's we could patrol the streets and report anyone for illegal parking, and maybe if you didn't need to get up for work in the morning we could check out the area for suspected burglary.

Yeah brilliant idea,

Edited by Dougy

Too true. Followed some **** down Lower Road last winter who was all over the road, a near miss on a sharp left hander with a car coming the other way. He pulled into the mobile home site halfway between Hullbridge and Ashindon. Phoned the police as soon as I got behind him and realised he was lashed.

wished Essex did i could make a years wages on the tossers round here !!!!

Interesting. read - maybe to save all the concerns we could give landlords a load of free breathalysers and make sure they provide these to anyone apparently over the limit (public duty). That way they have a responsibility to act legally rather than profitably alone. Drivers could then not claim ignorance and anyone who genuinely didnt know could be certain. Maybe issue 3 free with your tax disc renewal for personal use to reinforce the social aspects and then double the sentences and fines?

Sadly those who drink and drive dont wish to care and until they, or a close relative/friend are caught/crash and kill someone they wont change their social habits.

I am not sure how I feel about rewards being dished for people informing police of drunk drivers, but I am certain about how I feel towards those who drink and drive. It was a guy driving whilst ‘serving’ his third ban on driving because of drink driving who took the life of my three passengers and left me in a coma for a month and paralysed for a year (when one night miraculously I got up and walked in my sleep-big story). I had to learn to talk again (all four languages), and my world was never the same. He got arrested for this, served some time and once he got out, whilst drunk again and on the wheel of his car killed himself and another two people. So please give me your opinion on what a fair penalty for persistent drink drivers is. You can guess what mine is…

Edited by Psyxologos

I am not sure how I feel about rewards being dished for people informing police of drunk drivers, but I am certain about how I feel towards those who drink and drive. It was a guy driving whilst ‘serving’ his third ban on driving because of drink driving who took the life of my three passengers and left me in a coma for a month and paralysed for a year (when one night miraculously I got up and walked in my sleep-big story). I had to learn to talk again (all four languages), and my world was never the same. He got arrested for this, served some time and once he got out, whilst drunk again and on the wheel of his car killed himself and another two people. So please give me your opinion on what a fair penalty for persistent drink drivers is. You can guess what mine is…

I would agree about being paid for this. Maybe it's to encourage those misguided people that would not stop a drunk getting into his car.

Personally I thing each of us has a moral duty to report any suspected drink driver.

My view would be once is an error, twice is stupid, you lose your licence for good. If god forbid you get behind the wheel illegaly and get caught a third time then life imprisonment should beckon.

Let's also remove manslaughter for this. Deliberately driving whilst drunk is tantamount to Russian Roulette. Would you play that with a firearm when sober?.......

The most stupid thing ever.

If I hated someone id spike their drink and ring the cops and I'm sure this will happen a lot.

Can you not tell when you're drunk? Even if you leave a drink unattended in a pub with someone who hates you so much they'd report you for drink driving, you can still tell if you're fit to drive.

Can you not tell when you're drunk? Even if you leave a drink unattended in a pub with someone who hates you so much they'd report you for drink driving, you can still tell if you're fit to drive.

I've never drink drove and think anyone who does should loose their licence for life.

What I'm saying is if your drinking orange juice all night and someone slips a double whiskey in your drink but your jump in your car straight away you wouldn't know.

Offering money is stupid

I'd report anyone drunk behind the wheel or not insured

I've never drink drove and think anyone who does should loose their licence for life.

What I'm saying is if your drinking orange juice all night and someone slips a double whiskey in your drink but your jump in your car straight away you wouldn't know.

Offering money is stupid

I'd report anyone drunk behind the wheel or not insured

Anyone who couldn't detect a large whisky in a glass of orange juice is either ****** out of his mind, or shouldn't be allowed out of the house! Or to own a car. Or to go in a pub.

It is surprising how societies perception of drink driving has changed in a relatively short time.

Just a few years back it was fine, and a common practice, but somehow the message has steadily got through and it is now definitely not socially acceptable.

I suspect if you asked 10-20 years ago who would report a drunk the % would be very low, much higher now.

Yes, I would, the £1000 would not encourage me to do so, but I would not turn it down if offered.

No i wouldn't inform the police i think its best to try other ways to stop them Driving

I don't like drink drivers but i also don't want to live in a country where neighbours are watching each other

me too, i'd soon get pretty peeved off if i had the neighbours peeking over the fence looking to see what i was up to.

we do what we can and what we feel is right, it's the police's job to catch those that break the law, best they get on with it.

Edited by Paddy Galore!

No i wouldn't inform the police i think its best to try other ways to stop them Driving

I don't like drink drivers but i also don't want to live in a country where neighbours are watching each other

Just so I understand this, you see a drunk driver climb into a car ( hopefully you have tried to stop him) and would not report it, just let him drive off?

I agree we should not snoop on people but this is hardly snooping.

Just so I understand this, you see a drunk driver climb into a car ( hopefully you have tried to stop him) and would not report it, just let him drive off?

I agree we should not snoop on people but this is hardly snooping.

If i was sure someone was well over and clearly a danger i probably would

What i don't like is the police offering money as it will start with drunk driver then move onto other things