BUYING ANOTHER GUN ADVISE REGARDS MY LICENCE

shawn9914

Hi All

I have had my FAC & SGC now for 10 years just renewing it now, I have had the same guns on their since I first got my certs and have forgot how it all works

on my FAC cert I have a 22LR rimfire open cert now if I wanted to buy a FAC rated air rifle what do I need to do, do I go to the shop buy it and add it onto my cert or do I need to contact the firearms licensing to get permission to buy a FAC rated air rifle

Also if I want to get a .223 for foxing I presume I need to get permission of the firearms people for this as its going up in calibre am I correct in this, if not could someone please put me right

cheers shawn

I recently renewed mine and just asked for the variation(added a FAC air rifle) at the interview. The FEO did know why I wanted it tho as he was familiar with the ground. You might need to see if the ground will get passed for your foxing rifle before asking as they will possibly refuse it if not.

The air rifle shouldn't be a problem. I would be tempted to ring rather than email. At least then you will know where you stand sooner.

Good luck with it tho!

GH

• 2 weeks later...