Storing a Semi Auto in the Cabinet

Zetter

Do you store them barrel up or barrel facing down ?

Wonder about oil draining into or from the action

Just curious

All the best

Of

I have heard comments such as this historically and it makes me wonder just how much of the worlds resources people pour into their guns?

:hmm::hmm::good::good:

with all modern guns none of them need a coating of oil when in the cabinet so should never have oil running into the actions.as for storing all semi auto's I have seen in shops are stored on the racks butt down and bolts shut and as you should clean after every use and then lock them away yourself you should always know that it is empty.of course if you are in the habit of putting a live cartridge in before storing then you really are not fit to own such a gun

with all modern guns none of them need a coating of oil when in the cabinet so should never have oil running into the actions.as for storing all semi auto's I have seen in shops are stored on the racks butt down and bolts shut and as you should clean after every use and then lock them away yourself you should always know that it is empty.of course if you are in the habit of putting a live cartridge in before storing then you really are not fit to own such a gun

Better safe than sorry in my book, nobody was ever shot with an empty gun!

I store my auto bolt closed so there is no tension on the recoil spring. Prior to it going in it will have been checked empty many times times. Finishing shooting, going in the slip, before going in car, out of the slip, before coming in house after its come to room temp, cleaning, into the safe. Yep out of the safe, into the slip etc all again when it goes out

I do realise this sounds a lot but once you have checked a known empty gun and found a live shell in it................ Yeah I did about 25yrs ago