The truth about immigration

Mr-Sheen

Australia isn't signed up to the European Union.

neither are we, we signed up to a common market, I don't remember being asked if I wanted to be in the EEC with its non elected commission.

KW

Edited by kdubya

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Speak as you find?

I was always critical of East Europeans but after 2 years working with and alongside them I've changed my mind.

Young people that have come here and grafted, taken jobs that native Brits won't do, they've worked their way up and progressed. One young lady I know has even gone to university AND held down a job.

Maybe we should have an emigration policy instead, get rid of the workshy, idle chavs who don't want to work and are a drain on the rest of the working population. Start by sterilising them and their low IQ litters spawned at random by the human equivalent of feral cats.

It's the workers in this country that will pay for the pensions and benefits in the future so lets encourage those who WILL work no matter where they come from.

Judge people by their character and contribution to society and not by their origins.

Well said!

If your premise is true Henry then we would not have had a stable population prior to mass immigration which surprisingly, we did, for many years at 52 -53 million.

Your comments are therefore verging on unthinking anti-xenophobic prescriptive rote. Remember Gordon Browns accusation of the woman as racist ?

The figures you quote are just a small section of time, have a look back to the period 1801-51, the population doubled, 1851-1901, it doubled again, 1901-51...increased by less than 25%, 1951 - 2001 again less than 25%. Yes we have people coming over here but the percentage increase is small and the problem is people tend to move where they have people from "the old country" so it looks like the place is overrun, but is it?

If you want to see frightening graphs look here http://urbanrim.org.uk/population.htm

The figures you quote are just a small section of time, have a look back to the period 1801-51, the population doubled, 1851-1901, it doubled again, 1901-51...increased by less than 25%, 1951 - 2001 again less than 25%. Yes we have people coming over here but the percentage increase is small and the problem is people tend to move where they have people from "the old country" so it looks like the place is overrun, but is it?

If you want to see frightening graphs look here http://urbanrim.org.uk/population.htm

Out of interest hd what would your thoughts have been on immigrants/immigration before you seen the light?

If we cannot take anymore, surely we cannot breed anymore? If the answer is no, then the reason to stop immigration you give is based on xenophobia not overcrowding.

Come on Henry, That's not even an argument.

Of course we can still breed. People are born, people die, and over a period of time the births and deaths balance the population.

Start adding large amounts of new blood into that stable population and there's only one way it's going to go!

If there isn't the space and infrastructure in place to support this new, larger population then the poop starts to hit the fan.

And that's what we're beginning to see now.

If we cannot take anymore, surely we cannot breed anymore? If the answer is no, then the reason to stop immigration you give is based on xenophobia not overcrowding.

Given a normal cycle of life, the old die, new are born, it works very well and keeps the population from exploding. Your somewhat slanted view seems to overlook the artificial increase in population by immigration. Don't forget the dependants that often accompany immigrants too. Try not to be too argumentative just for arguments sake hd...playing devil's advocate requires skill..... :lol:

Sorry Henry but that's rubbish. As a mature western society, our birth vs death rate has been roughly even. It's now declining slightly as the baby boom ( until recently) had slowed down. Many single sex private schools have gone co-ed because they cannot afford to run on single sex lines.

Technically, this supports the theory that we need immigration and to an extent we do. What we don't need is the mass immigration that we have seen during New Labour's tenure and what we may possibly see now other borders have come down .

Don't get me wrong we do need immigration in a controlled and specific manner as has been stated on here many times , in a not dissimilar way to Australia or New Zealand .

England now has one of the highest population densities in the world, some claim it is greater than China . We are also an ageing demographic so we do need young workers.

Farming:-

Whoever posted the comment about wealthy farmers or farmers in general wanting to pay low wages , have you considered this, if they had to pay more , our cost of food will increase even more . Saying that , I know several farmers , none of them are wealthy and only one out of the several actually makes any money from farming the others have all had to diversify .

Given a normal cycle of life, the old die, new are born, it works very well and keeps the population from exploding. Your somewhat slanted view seems to overlook the artificial increase in population by immigration. Don't forget the dependants that often accompany immigrants too. Try not to be too argumentative just for arguments sake hd...playing devil's advocate requires skill..... :lol:

Well said, you beat me to it and in far fewer words :lol:

Edited by keg

Come on Henry, That's not even an argument.

Sorry Henry but that's rubbish. As a mature western society, our birth vs death rate has been roughly even. It's now declining slightly as the baby boom ( until recently) had slowed down.

Really, did any of you look at that graph? Here it is for those who don`t believe we are our own worst enemy when it comes to population explosions...

Out of interest hd what would your thoughts have been on immigrants/immigration before you seen the light?

same

post-1301-0-58329600-1389220160_thumb.png

Your graph doesn't tell the whole story though Henry.

In 1948 the UK population topped the 50m mark.

In 1998 the UK population reached 59m.

In 50 years the UK population rose by 9m

In the past 15 years the UK population has risen by nearly 5m to 63.8m

That sort of growth is unsustainable.

The way that I see it we have two options.

Option one stop most immigration in to this country and try to keep our country looking much the same as it is today with small towns and large cities spaced out with green areas in between.

Option two allow as many people to come in as can find work to do but build loads of new houses for them to live in lots of new schools and hospitals etc etc and end up joining all of the small towns to make a concrete jungle not a place that I would wish to live it but then I am old and I will be long gone by the time it happens.

Really, did any of you look at that graph? Here it is for those who don`t believe we are our own worst enemy when it comes to population explosions...

same

"Year","United Kingdom"

"2000","11.7600002288818"

"2001","11.539999961853"

"2002","11.3400001525879"

"2003","10.9899997711182"

"2004","10.8800001144409"

"2005","10.7799997329712"

"2006","10.710000038147"

"2007","10.6700000762939"

"2008","10.6499996185303"

"2009","10.6499996185303"

"2010","12.3400001525879"

"2011","12.289999961853"

"2012","12.27"

Sorry for the naked stats, tried to copy a graph. Declining/flat until 2009, 8 years of New Communist immigration policies.

Edited by keg

Watched it last night and they were looking into the lifestyles of illegals from India. They just chuck their passports away so to send them back takes for ever.

They had one who actually wanted to go back but the red tape involved made it a very lengthy, difficult process.

The others were junkies out on the rob every day to fund their habits.

Not saying these are the majority of immigrants before the bleeding heart mob descends but they do represent a nuisance that we shouldn't be expected to fund.

Some of them have received paltry sentences for repeated shop lifting offences and some are now going through drug rehab at our expense.

May sound a bit unchristian but they really shouldn't be our problem, we have enough home grown problems of our own!!

"Year","United Kingdom"

"2000","11.7600002288818"

"2001","11.539999961853"

"2002","11.3400001525879"

"2003","10.9899997711182"

"2004","10.8800001144409"

"2005","10.7799997329712"

"2006","10.710000038147"

"2007","10.6700000762939"

"2008","10.6499996185303"

"2009","10.6499996185303"

"2010","12.3400001525879"

"2011","12.289999961853"

"2012","12.27"

Sorry for the naked stats, tried to copy a graph. Declining/flat until 2009, 8 years of New Communist immigration policies.

What are they stats of? Net migration? What are the figures, millions?

I am yet to hear a valid argument in support of the current immigration levels

I also cannot believe anyone would be in support of it

Thats because there isn't one. This level of immigration is NOT beneficial to anyone or anything. I am not anti immigration at all, it can be a good thing and improve our economy, but this is, as a whole unsustainable!

Thats because there isn't one. This level of immigration is NOT beneficial to anyone or anything. I am not anti immigration at all, it can be a good thing and improve our economy, but this is, as a whole unsustainable!

Its of huge benefit to employers as it is a major tool in wage control, and comes in quite handy when trying to manipulate constituency demographics!

KW