.17 Ballistic Table

roebuck1

Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased a CZ .17hmr using Hornady V-Max ammunition.

Dose anyone have a ballistic table that shows what MOA adjustments I need to make over larger distances?

I want to shoot out to 250 yards, however I cannot find a table online that shows how many clicks/MOA.

If anyone can help me out with one they made themselves or have found online that would be great.

Cheers!

Use the Biggameinfo site.

You will need the BC of the Hornady 20gr Vmax, that should be on the Hornady site and the muzzel velocity.

The above gives you drops and drifts in click values and in inches, I find it better than some software I bought.

Just had a look and it looks like the site has either moved or is down at present,

A

Edited by Alycidon

Use the Biggameinfo site.

You will need the BC of the Hornady 20gr Vmax, that should be on the Hornady site and the muzzel velocity.

The above gives you drops and drifts in click values and in inches, I find it better than some software I bought.

Just had a look and it looks like the site has either moved or is down at present,

A

last time i looked on there the site was down,heard later it had wraped up

Much effects this you need to run good data including elevation from sea level, chronoed muzzle velocity bore to scope height etc.,etc. then you have a guide to start with.

I doubt you will be doing anything but plinking at 250 yds and you 100% need to verify the table with actual shooting "real word data"

In short zeroed at 100 yds a hmr with an usual bore / scope height is point and shoot on a bunnies head as regards trajectory from short range to 110 yds or so and has around 3.5 moa wind drift at 100 yds with a full value 10mph wind. The wind gets very hard to call once you are past 150-160 as 2-3mph changes can start to put you right off a good shot on small quarry, leading to likely frequent woundings 250 is way beyond practical and humane range for any shooter but you might have some fun trying to shoot eggs and old fruit etc.

Edited by kent

Ballistic table are no substitute for spending time shooting paper targets.

The probability is that the clicks on your scope will be slightly out and as soon as you start pushing the hmr much beyond 150 yards the groups will open up and the drop and wind correction will start to become difficult to manage and consequently inhumane if shooting at animals.

It would not take you long to zero at 100 yards and then put some targets out at 125 yards and 150 yards or even 175 and 200. That would give you a reality check. You are probably looking at a 10 inch drop at 200 yards and I hate to imagine what a five shot group would look like. A reliable 1 inch group at 100 yards is hard enough.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the reasons I stopped using my hmr was the fact the ammo is ****. I loved it at the start, but When I got a .22lr there was no use for it for me.

i found the opposite, since buying another quad action and having the barrel fitted permanently i've found it to be very reliable, still use the 22lr for late night lamping, but the hmr is so easy to just point and shoot with virtually no hold over it's a no brainer. i haven't had any ammo issues yet though.