back in the area.. advice on frampton marsh on the wash

LONERANGER

Hi all, ive just moved back to Lincolnshire after being away for a few years .I got my SGC about 2 years ago and just been doing some clay pigeon shooting and pigeon shooting ...but since I've been back .myself and the wife have been walking the dogs down Frampton marsh where the RSPB reserve is .so I'm wanting to try wildfowling.. I met a wildfowler down there last week and tried to talk to him but I could tell he didn't want to help so I left it at that ..I then met 2 wildfowlers Tuesday night on there way out who were very helpful and forth coming with some knowledge of how to go about joining the local wildfowling club .. I sat on the bench which is on the bank and watched them walk out onto the marsh . They seemed to know there way about out there , as they went a good distance out from the bank . I now know what club it is and who to contact to join..what I wanted to know was what it's like out on frampton marsh ..is there any dangers .. what kind of equipment I would need ..

Any help would be much appreciated. .

Thanks in advance. .

There are dangers on any foreshore , the wash has many hidden creeks , known to us as leg breakers , as mentioned the tides and things like fogs in which its very easy to get dis orientated

But it is also a wonderful place to be .

Chances are though that you will normally shoot very little if anything .

If you join one of the clubs then you should be guided for a start

Thanks for your advice guys .. I was made aware of the reserve by the 2 guys who I spoke to .. I think one of them said he was the vice chairman of the club.

Mat do you shoot frampton marsh.

I know who you mean and if you join his club he would offer to show you around dont worry about that, there are clay shoots before the season starts and thats where you will get a lot of information, there is more than Frampton marsh to go on there is Blacks just aroung the corner and Kirton further along the bank to name a few.

pm me if you want more general info :good:

Regards

Hcc

Thanks for your advice guys .. I was made aware of the reserve by the 2 guys who I spoke to .. I think one of them said he was the vice chairman of the club.

Mat do you shoot frampton marsh.

I've shot it once. I usually shoot elsewhere.

pm harrycat as he says and he'll be able to give you more info on it. Get down to the clay shoots in the summer and you'll meet more fowlers who will help.

Just to confuse you, there are actually 3 different clubs that can shoot Frampton, i should think the person you spoke to was vice chairman of South Lincs.

as mat says there are 3 clubs that have shooting rights around to Frampton,I belong to holbeach which seems to have a lot of foreshore frontage, they do have spaces and people that will take you out, as a probation period is served its a cheap sport once you have your initial gear you get BASC membership included with subscription ( holbeach & district wildfowlers ) its on the net

Hi loneranger... it was me who spoke to you Tuesday evening About joining south lincs .. as I said while speaking with you.. South lincs has 20 + miles of costal wildfowling for it's members starting from holbeach all the way round to Wainfleet ..we have A reciprocal agreement with holbeach and spalding which allows all 3 clubs to shoot some of each others marshes .. south lincs marshes are . Kirton .. frampton. . Blacks .. Benington. . Butterwick .Leverton. .wrangle .. Friskney ..and some of Wainfleet ...I do believe our club secretary has been in touch with you ..

Regards WW