Licence fees

scobydog

I can I gave up at 42 yrs, obviously you got very, very lucky- it happens

Luck has nothing to do with it.unless you win a load of cash or are left it you have to earn it.if you finished at 42 then i doubt it was just a case of being lucky.i was no stranger to 16 or18 hour days so no luck involved just old fashioned graft.something that is not seen very often these days.atb

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am neither agreeing not disagreeing with price rises, I was simply stating that a 280% increase is going to get people, who are already seeing an extremely poor service, questioning why they should be paying more.

My FEO who visited me was excellent, very enthusiastic and some great advice. However he certainly didn't work hours that suited me, I had to take the morning off work to meet with him and he explicitly said that they don't work overtime anymore because they aren't paid for it anymore.

With regards to catridges, I wouldn't know as I have only just got my first gun. But at least with those there is a choice as to whether you would like premium catridges, or the cheaper end.

I can see both sides of the argument, but there are people out there who are in less fortunate positions than perhaps ourselves, who would be blocked from entering a great sport, by severe costs of entry. Personally I think the figure needs to be revisited and a more sensible increase suggested

At UK inflation rates since 2001 a price increase based on inflation is £20.07 so roughly around £70 for a cert

At 3% per year it would be around 74.00 so how about the fee is set at 100 across the board but all applications must be turned around within six weeks unless there are extreme circumstances in the odd case.or would this still be to much for you all to cope with.

Incidently ... which industry gets most subsidy payements from the public purse strings ?

Social security I would say.then healthcare.education.renewable energy solar wind farm etc.then you might come across agriculture.i would commend you on this point but unfortunately it took to long for anyone to pull it up.the subsidies paid to farmers came in handy at least I never had to keep a range rover past two years.but at least farming is an industry that is essential and not a passtime for a few to enjoy.atb edit because I forgot to add the banking industry.;)

Edited by bostonmick

At 3% per year it would be around 74.00 so how about the fee is set at 100 across the board but all applications must be turned around within six weeks unless there are extreme circumstances in the odd case.or would this still be to much for you all to cope with.

As I have always said, I am not against a price increase, and I would have probably have paid for my SGC at £195 if I really had to. But I was actually going to suggest £100 was a more reasonable price, but with the guarantee of improved turnarounds etc. Really I think that Grants should be more expensive than Renewalls as well. Generally a lot of businesses do this, due to the increased paperwork.

As per 3% per year inflation, I had worked it out based on Actual inflation rates using a system I had for my Uni degree ( I also have too much time on my hands , today. Not one of those busy periods at work unfortunately). But yes at 3% it would be £74.

Social security I would say.then healthcare.education.renewable energy solar wind farm etc.then you might come across agriculture.i would commend you on this point but unfortunately it took to long for anyone to pull it up.the subsidies paid to farmers came in handy at least I never had to keep a range rover past two years.but at least farming is an industry that is essential and not a passtime for a few to enjoy.atb edit because I forgot to add the banking industry.;)

Your response speaks volumes enough said ... end of!

I think the shooting world should petition for either longer licence periods or lower fees after all we, or at least 95% of us do not need licencing as it is today: this whole process is there for the benefit of others and not shooters.

If the police had done there jobs properly with the likes of Hamilton, Bird, Ryon etc we would not be an oppressed minority. In all those cases there were opportunities to withhold licence/confiscate guns and the police got it wrong and now we suffer. In USA the reaction to shooting atrocities is usually the reverse ie an easing of restrictions and Hyundai sales increase. We just get penalised for police inability to do the job.

Good for Cameron - I think he could have been a very good PM without those idiot Liberals and just realise my family were hardcore Labour until they screwed the UK.

Sorry about typos- iPad mini, fat fingers and predictive text!!!