starlight arrow

colin lad

I was at the show Friday and had a good look at the starlight Arrow, unfortunately I was very disappointed I was set to buy there and then if I was impressed but I think they may need to go back to the drawing board. In there defence the chaps were very understanding of my criticising and said it is a demo model and the one you buy may be different. but the mounting for a start is two grub screws on either side of a tube that slips over your scope and screws in to the side of your scope didn't like this for obvious reasons, the switch on the side of the unit seemed very weak and consequently broke the third time it was used, they had another unit so had a look down it and I can't comment on its ability at night as there was no dark room but the clarity in daylight was ok. As stated the lads there said that this is pre-production model so it could well be that them showing it at the show was to get input and they can then make any changes necessary.

I was at the show Friday and had a good look at the starlight Arrow, unfortunately I was very disappointed I was set to buy there and then if I was impressed but I think they may need to go back to the drawing board. In there defence the chaps were very understanding of my criticising and said it is a demo model and the one you buy may be different. but the mounting for a start is two grub screws on either side of a tube that slips over your scope and screws in to the side of your scope didn't like this for obvious reasons, the switch on the side of the unit seemed very weak and consequently broke the third time it was used, they had another unit so had a look down it and I can't comment on its ability at night as there was no dark room but the clarity in daylight was ok. As stated the lads there said that this is pre-production model so it could well be that them showing it at the show was to get input and they can then make any changes necessary.

I had the same issues the lads from Scott's Country or whatever their name is said your better off with the Photon. Back to that one again.

By the time Julian has completed the fine tuning of this latest NV

Other companies will have developed a day and night scope and will have available a working model on sale

wake up julian just develop the archer a bit cheaper, the archer is great bit of kit

technology is a moving target surely costs of tubes can be obtained a lot cheaper now

It's not long and a few prototypes will be ready. I'm just fine tuning the driver. Essentially, there will be a couple of versions; one is ideal for air rifle to rimfire (.17hmr) and the other rimfire to centrefire, purely as a result of how the led is driven. The rest is pretty much there now though.

Will it be an add on if so will it work with fix mag not pa scopes??

There isn't an add-on that works with fixed mag, non PA scopes that I know of. So no, it only works with parallax adjustable scopes I'm afraid.

Thought that's the case I can't find one. I love the idea of an add on I can use to scan the clip on and shoot, but my German glass has no PA so guess it will have to be a dedicated NV sight.

Thought that's the case I can't find one. I love the idea of an add on I can use to scan the clip on and shoot, but my German glass has no PA so guess it will have to be a dedicated NV sight.

You can use an add on with a non PA adjustable scope, but you won't see the reticule as clear as a PA adjustable one. I've used a Cobra Merlin with a non PA scope, and I could see the reticule, especially when looking at a fox.