Townies at their best ??

jloc

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is wrong with that image is staring everyone in their faces - big time.

How come there were no other 'heads only' on display? Some people must have their heads where the sun don't shine if they can pretend its not obvious what is going there - and yes I'm as patriotic as the next man but that is an inflammatory step too far IMO and would have served him right if it had got out of hand.

Should he also not display any pork at all then using your logic......a Pig is a PIg and regardless of whether its a chop or a head it is still a no no to Muslims and Jews.

Anyway..common sense has prevailed and he's back.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2568028/How-Middle-England-took-meat-cleaver-political-correctness.html

If I was a bit closer I would use this shop as a show of support?

Cornwall is a little to far.

+1

Anyone entering the shop hurling abuse should be reported to the police also! They should not have buckled either! It gives the clowns a sense of power, which they will now use to push their **** on some other poor business!

I would leave them hanging! People need to stop lying to their kids! Hiding the fact animals are killed and butchered for the meat they eat it's ridiculous!

Surely, it would be better for kids to understand, where food comes from and HOW it is processed from start to finish!

When I was a kid we cut up frogs and animal parts as SCHOOL work! Do they do Biology using Quorn now than?

I would like to show my support for traditional butchers, game dealers, slayghter houses and farmers!

I have no problem with Vegetarians who chose to not eat meat! But when you get the self richeous ones trying to ruin it for everyone else it really gets me vexed!

Fair enough bud! You don't like meat or butchers windows! Plan a new route round town! The butchers have customers who WANT to buy rabbit and squirrel! Who enjoy the traditional look of the window display!

I don't like Tofu or Meat free nonsence! I dont insist shops sell it in brown paper bags, under the counter, as it will put me off buying a pound of mince! :rolleyes:

Don't like the country way of life? Stay in the bleedin city then! Bit of a no brainer really innit?

Should he also not display any pork at all then using your logic......a Pig is a PIg and regardless of whether its a chop or a head it is still a no no to Muslims and Jews.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2568028/How-Middle-England-took-meat-cleaver-political-correctness.html

good stuff :yahoo: Edited by Lord Geordie

im off to the greengrocers to kick up a stink the sight of veg makes me hurl :whistling:

totally agree with a lot of comments, people and especially children should know where and how we get out food, its seems in only a short time say last 15-20 years people now have no concept of how our meat is produced :no:

kill it cook it eat i say :good: even if you killing a poor defenceless carrott or cauli :lol:

At the age of 3 or 4 I knew where meat came from (the front bumper of a Vauxhall Victor if father saw a pheasant). The Saturday before Christmas Eve was spent at a fur and feather sale getting the Christmas turkey or goose then helping with the preparation. I would also go fishing with my father in the boat catching mackerel. I was not bought up to view rabbits as Benjamin Bunny but little other b words that ate our veg patch (still had a pet rabbit called Benjamin though).

An air rifle was purchased to take care of an infestation when a keeper stopped feeding his pheasants in the field behind our house and sold the grain to chicken keepers (his boss was not too pleased when he found out)! I took up the air rifle when I was 14 as my dad's friend had a problem with rabbits tunnelling under the foundations of his holiday home. I taught myself how to gut and skin a rabbit! I may not do it the right way but it works!

Now because we know where food comes from we buy direct from a far that only uses antibiotics when the animals are ill, breeds and raises all stock, slaughters locally and butchers on site! Get much better meat that way! Buyers are encouraged to look round and see the animals, understand where the meat they eat comes from!

At the age of 3 or 4 I knew where meat came from (the front bumper of a Vauxhall Victor if father saw a pheasant). The Saturday before Christmas Eve was spent at a fur and feather sale getting the Christmas turkey or goose then helping with the preparation. I would also go fishing with my father in the boat catching mackerel. I was not bought up to view rabbits as Benjamin Bunny but little other b words that ate our veg patch (still had a pet rabbit called Benjamin though).

An air rifle was purchased to take care of an infestation when a keeper stopped feeding his pheasants in the field behind our house and sold the grain to chicken keepers (his boss was not too pleased when he found out)! I took up the air rifle when I was 14 as my dad's friend had a problem with rabbits tunnelling under the foundations of his holiday home. I taught myself how to gut and skin a rabbit! I may not do it the right way but it works!

Now because we know where food comes from we buy direct from a far that only uses antibiotics when the animals are ill, breeds and raises all stock, slaughters locally and butchers on site! Get much better meat that way! Buyers are encouraged to look round and see the animals, understand where the meat they eat comes from!

I can't think of better reasons for buying directly from the farm wherever possible!

Have many of us ever stopped and wondered what all these "E Numbers", Artificial Preservatives and Food Colourings that get added to "most" foods we buy are doing to us and our kids? And how much of the meat that is bought in the supermarkets (Particularly poultry) is actually brine injected intio the carcass to build the weight up?

You have missed the point I think my freind - Why not display the entire pig? Why no removed sheep heads?

I don't only think of the muslim aspect here - it's partly also a case of why he felt it necessary to have a pair of pigs heads 'staring' out the window when everything else is hanging in a sensible display manner. It looks to me like he deliberately made his display provocative.

Maybe you just can't see the slippery slope of what he was doing.

You have missed the point I think my freind - Why not display the entire pig? Why no removed sheep heads?

I don't only think of the muslim aspect here - it's partly also a case of why he felt it necessary to have a pair of pigs heads 'staring' out the window when everything else is hanging in a sensible display manner. It looks to me like he deliberately made his display provocative.

I have only ever seen pigs heads as part of a display in a butchers

people need to stop feeling offended on behalf of others

In cases like this I wouldn't be surprised if all the complaints were from non Muslim or Jewish people

You are right , I cannot see the slippery slope.

I have seen many half pigs being taken into butchers and quite frankly they are too big to hang on that display....besides after its all jointed up...what's left....trotters and head and I see plenty of trotters for sale in shop fronts. A few years ago there were ready roasted pigs chaps for sale....half a pigs head cooked. Cannot see an issue like you can.