Townies at their best ??

jloc

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the uk is far too PC and sterilsed. As sprackles said people have no idea about processed food so to have a pop at somones shop display is just cheek, we all have the right to an opinion but it should be just that. Mind your own business and dont stop to look in the window if it offends you. Oh and i wouldnt call them townies thats unfair....fe**in self riteous idiots is more like it.

You might take heart from the fact that quite similar still occurs at schools outside the towns, with the exception of the killing (most of the kids here see that at home though).

I certainly do take heart from what you have said. I was not aware that this was still shown/taught in schools nowadays, I feel quite thankful for such a well founded education. Maybe if it was something that was taught a little bit more in schools (Maybe without the actual slaughtering) there would be a greater understanding and appreciation for our food and the farmers etc that grow and produce it!

Did the butcher bottle it?

If he was having serious threats then contact the police.

As mentioned the complainers probably wouldn't use him anyway!

I reckon there's more to this then meets the eye!!

Yes I too remember all butchers having all manner of displays similar to this. They woke up to the commercial reality people don't like it any more!!!!!!!

Did the butcher bottle it?

If he was having serious threats then contact the police.

As mentioned the complainers probably wouldn't use him anyway!

I reckon there's more to this then meets the eye!!

Yes I too remember all butchers having all manner of displays similar to this. They woke up to the commercial reality people don't like it any more!!!!!!!

Far from it he is on national Radio having a PR and marketing bonanza, heck I bet he has a rush on for pigs heads and fresh Rabbit from this afternoon. Good luck to the guy

years ago I remember walking past a butchers shop that had pigs heads in the window and the butchers lad was standing there pocking the eyes out of one of the pigs head made me feel quite sick at the time quite why he was doing it I have no idea but not nice to see.

Ah, what's up with you remember a kid bringing in a "real" pigs eye to school when I was a kid. Said his brother knocked it out by accident "wi' a football!" well I doubt that now but we was all fascinated even the girls had an odd prod.

Ah, what's up with you remember a kid bringing in a "real" pigs eye to school when I was a kid. Said his brother knocked it out by accident "wi' a football!" well I doubt that now but we was all fascinated even the girls had an odd prod.

That brings back some memories our freezer was full of bulls eyes and god knows what else for my mum's classes. The best story she had was when she'd forgotten to get the rats out the night before so tried to defrost them in the microwave in the Home Economics room....you can imagine what happened :lol:

I'm not sure that it is "reasonable" to label all of the complainants as "townies", I would prefer to see them call/labeled as "uninformed"! As Team Tractor said he even came across someone who didn't believe that potatoes grew in the ground!

I know that I am a bit long in the tooth but I can easily remember the times when it was almost "traditional" for a butcher to have all types of game and rabbits etc hanging in the feather and fur both inside their shop window and in some cases outside the shop. That is how people could see where their meat was coming from and that it was fresh and of good quality without any added preservatives or artificial colourings! - Not grown ready wrapped in cling film/plastic wrap and saturated with all sorts or "E Numbers" and other "artificial addititives and preservatives" like you get in the supermarkets nowadays!

I personally believe that nowadays that due to "political correctness" or whatever other reasons nowadays children in schools are not taught and shown anything about where the meat and vegetables they eat comes from, and this is depriving them of a valuable part of real life education.

The secondary school I went to (After being chucked out of grammar school for not doing homework etc) had their own large garden plot where we were taught all about horticulture (Including being expected to dig, prepare and sow/plant and tend it etc ourselves) and a small livestock area where we were no only taught all about breeding poultry - We even built our own incubator to help us to learn how to rear our own poultry from scratch. We were also taught all about breeding rabbits and goats as well as learning all about animal husbandry and of course how to humanely slaughter the chickens and rabbits (When necessary some of the pupils, myself included, were expected to do this) and to skin/pluck them and dress them ready for the oven, and I should add that being in the heart of the countryside very few is any of the pupils seemed the slightest bit squeemish about learning and getting hands on experience with sort of things!

I really count myself extremely fortunate to have had such an education, but I can see a great many parents throwing their hands up in horror or boycotting any schools that offered that sort of practical education to their pampered kids that aren't even able to blow their own noses without assistance nowadays!

Where you been mate,youve had everyone worried.

Now that has just reminded me about when I was at school and it was said that some girls was playing with a skipping rope and it flicked up and knocked one of the girls eye out someone said that it popped out and was just hanging there and she was rushed off to hospital I do not remember hearing any more about it except we was all shocked about it.

From what I see on the comments section on that article even vegans and vegetarians think it's ridiculous complaining about it.

I have been a vegetarian since I was 9 years old, thats 58 years and quite honestly can't really understand why anyone would find anything offensive in this guys window display.Just because I don't eat meat I wouldn't try to pass my foubles onto any body else.In my experiance the worst veggie heads are the laterday ones that eat meat most of their lives and then suddenly develop a consience in their 40's.On a footnote theres nowt smells better than a bacon buttie, I wouldn't eat one but Jesus they do smell good. Each to his own but if i lived in this town ,I would be going in to the shop and telling him to ignore the idiots. from Auntie.

People should take care with their use of the term 'Townie'. Of course for any sensible person it refers to a state of mind, rather than a geographical location, because there are many people who live in towns who have got exactly the same attitude as people in the countryside, and vice versa.

Animal rights loonies aside (and you are never going to convert them), I think in this country there is a growing sense of awareness of where our meat comes from, and this is partly to do with the likes of Hugh F-W, and others.

What is wrong with that image is staring everyone in their faces - big time.

How come there were no other 'heads only' on display? Some people must have their heads where the sun don't shine if they can pretend its not obvious what is going there - and yes I'm as patriotic as the next man but that is an inflammatory step too far IMO and would have served him right if it had got out of hand.

I have been a vegetarian since I was 9 years old, thats 58 years and quite honestly can't really understand why anyone would find anything offensive in this guys window display.Just because I don't eat meat I wouldn't try to pass my foubles onto any body else.In my experiance the worst veggie heads are the laterday ones that eat meat most of their lives and then suddenly develop a consience in their 40's.On a footnote theres nowt smells better than a bacon buttie, I wouldn't eat one but Jesus they do smell good. Each to his own but if i lived in this town ,I would be going in to the shop and telling him to ignore the idiots. from Auntie.

Do you shoot stuff other than clays and targets?

What is wrong with that image is staring everyone in their faces - big time.

How come there were no other 'heads only' on display? Some people must have their heads where the sun don't shine if they can pretend its not obvious what is going there - and yes I'm as patriotic as the next man but that is an inflammatory step too far IMO and would have served him right if it had got out of hand.

Your putting two and two together and making six there I fear. Sheep heads and cow heads have been banned from the food chain for a long time due to brain diseases like CJD in cows

Guest rimotu66

I give anything I shoot to that butchers.he his a good butchers and it's very sad as he obviously wants the customers to know what they are eating.this town is a joke

You GIVE? You actually GIVE anything you shoot to him? I hope he rewards you with a few pounds of nice sausages or similar.

As for the thread subject, its already been said but just shows how soft this Nation is now and how the ignorant uneducated bullies seem to have the loudest voices.