3 Nights 3 Foxes....

The sheep farm produced it's eighty second on Monday evening since I started back in January 2012...

A set of eyes flashed back from around 400 yards so I closed down the distance only to find she was trotting in as I was blowing a soft note using my widgeon whistle, the 700 went on the sticks and I slid my lamp on the scope clip.....around 140 yards to her last step.

004_zps18d85f51.jpg

Last night a brace were working a field and I can only guess it was the vixen which slipped off leaving her bolder mate to sit front on watching my lamp light him up....190 yard and in a fraction of a second she was single again.

005_zps4c68ac6c.jpg

This last fox is the sort I really look for, just got the gun out the slip, load the rounds, and flick the lamp on!

A set of eyes a long way off flash back, so the task begins, filter off, gun on sticks lamp on scope...light on! No fox as it has moved back 30 yards and is ready to disappear...a quick readjust and smack in the side from the round...

A long walk to find the fallen fox who had fell in his run...246 yards is just fine for me..

008_zps7daa7695.jpg009_zps25318eb3.jpg

TEH

well done time that sheep farm is a magnet ....its all them little tasty tails lying around... lol

The new night shepherd was in the big lambing shed and I waited by the door for him to look up as he was helping one out, the smell of the whole process must be the draw.

Any fallen stock in the night used to get hammered but I just pick off the odd one that moves in these days...

TEH