Leaking vauxhall combi van

scotslad

Alright folks

As the title says, bought a combi van at end of Nov (04 plate) when i bought it drivers footwell was dry and it had been sitting outside for a while before i bougt it.

Took it back about 2 weeks later after noticing the drivers footwell was totally soaking, still soaking now. Garage thought it would be the drain inbehind engine where brake servo's/window wiper motors are, it was slightly clogged but not bad and the fact it wasn't wet when i bought it despite sitting for ages, but i wasn't convinced.

Drilled some small holes in floor to help get water away, never helped. Then noticed 1 of the bolts was missing from where roof rack is fitted, thought that must be it, since replaced bolt and footwell is still soaking as bad as ever.

Is there any other common areas that combi vans leak?

The roof hole made more sense to me as must have came off with me driving about, but it has stopped leaking now

Cheers in advance if anyone has had similar problems before

I have a 53 plate combo,the thing has let water in since i bought it eighteen months ago,i cant find out were the leak is,even got the misses to stand there with a hose pipe,after a heavy bout of rain the foot well is sodden,got to the point now were i give up looking :/

Gemini check wot Karpman said above, think really common (open bonnet and look below where window wiper motor and window washer bottle is should be 2 gutters there i ripped the plastic out of it to let it drain better, and spray some WD40 once clean to keep water running)

Not that karpman, thats wot garage expected too, had a few leafs but nothing major and the fact was dry until i started driving it about, the roof rack bolt made sense as must of vibrated loose with driving but now fixed stilll as bad as ever. They said VW's can get that really bad and in cold weather all water freezes and can freeze brake servo in really cold weather. Not good

Is there any gromits/seals down below that can come loose, i think it is driving cuasing the wetness? otherwise would have been wet vefore i bought it.

If i can't figure it out shortly will just cut the carpet out and have a few scraps of carpet to keep swapping in, otherwise going to rot the footwell away

All of the above is good advice but sadly complete bow locks.....If you have a look there is a big bolt on plate that the brake servo pedal box ect bolts to

Vauxhall in the infinite wisdom chose to use rubbish sealer on this plate,,,,,,,,only cure is to take it out clean the sealant off put good sealer on and refit

Worst bit of the job is bleeding the clutch afterwards it can be a right pain in the *****

been a teccy for 30 years done loads of them

hth atb Jim

That makes sense to me beerd, as i reconed the driving was making it worse,as bone dry when i bought it and had sat for a while.

Will have a look the morro in daylight, don't like the sound of bleeding the clutch thou.

Cheers and many thanks, thought somone would have came across the problem afore

All of the above is good advice but sadly complete bow locks.....If you have a look there is a big bolt on plate that the brake servo pedal box ect bolts to

Vauxhall in the infinite wisdom chose to use rubbish sealer on this plate,,,,,,,,only cure is to take it out clean the sealant off put good sealer on and refit

Worst bit of the job is bleeding the clutch afterwards it can be a right pain in the *****

hth atb Jim

^^This^^ Only problem I had is the garages I asked at wanted six hundred and odd quid plus VAT to fix it.

Not that familiar with vauxhalls. Did my time on renaluts. Some of the early lagunas had the same problem was membrane behind door cards. There designed to allow water runs inside doors and out the bottom but if the membrane is split or has come away if flies in footwell.

Also agree with scuttle panel suggestion too. Or poss big door seal split?

hth atb Jim

I had this problem on the wifes corsa , which the combi is based on , it was a 2004 too .

Was quoted around £600-700 to fix it as there is quite a bit of work involved , we got rid of the car instead !

hth atb Jim

+1

Its not just the van, most corsa's do it......

:shaun: