Badgers

la bala

Read this on the badger trust page.

Please do not ask your vet to carry out post-mortem examinations, as these carry a potential health
and safety risk and should additionally be carried out following a set protocol. Any stored frozen
badgers will be collected at a later date and full post-mortem examinations carried out as necessary,
in a safe environment, using standardised procedures.

Guest rimotu66

Implying if you shoot them, and then dump by the road after reversing over it to 'disguise' the cause of its demise its not going to fool anyone.

Of course, if legitimately flattened in the process of crossing a road then that will be identifiable too.

I kind of guessed thats what he meant, I have heard this 'folk law' story before and never believed it. So a person illegaly shoots Brock and dumps it at the side of the road where it can be found by anyone or a person illegaly shoots Brock and throws him in a ditch or hole or somewhere that no one would find him, I know people are a bit thick sometimes but come on :whistling:

If you dump them in the middle of the road at night, when they're then found in the daylight no one wants to go any where near them for a closer look - except, perhaps for colin lad, nice one, good job, - bagged, tagged and binned. The reason for the vet not doing the PM is that movement can cause the lungs to exhale and you've now got whatever Brock had when you inhale.

Former field ecologist with the CSL - Badger Carcass Survey

If you dump them in the middle of the road at night, when they're then found in the daylight no one wants to go any where near them for a closer look - except, perhaps for colin lad, nice one, good job, - bagged, tagged and binned. The reason for the vet not doing the PM is that movement can cause the lungs to exhale and you've now got whatever Brock had when you inhale.

Former field ecologist with the CSL - Badger Carcass Survey

lol i wonder how big their brain is hehe

colin

Guest rimotu66

A very strange attitude , if everyone had the same feelings about everything else there would be little left in the countryside for our children to enjoy.

Everything has a place in the right balance.

+1 :good:

I would say about 50 times as large as some posters :whistling:

+1 again