my new sort of custom net

Guest stevo

Guest stevo

hi ,

as per title really , over the past year I have been getting more and more fed up with the choice of camo net available , no matter what I bought or have seen I could never find anything I was 100% happy with , they never quite seemed to blend in , either too dark ,too light , or just the wrong pattern whatever ,

so I hunted online for a net or something like I used to have years ago , in the end I bought 4 British NATO army nets ( new rip - stop type ) now when you get them there great however there very patchy as the camo is in strips and triangles with great big gaps everywhere , so I used one of the nets as a donor and beefed up a 14 ft X 7 ft and came up with this , Don't get me wrong , its NOT a cheep way of doing things however I have got what I WANTED so im happy , and I have enough to do another net the same . see what you think

first pic https://www.dropbox.com/sc/df35348gtwftz7w/GZlOeGqkGj

second pic close up https://www.dropbox.com/sc/7u3ndblldd2otu5/_1JBrpFWkP

third pic , with the sun behind it at top so you can see its not as dense as you think https://www.dropbox.com/sc/l9152w4itm4gmxh/vd29VuKTcV

regards stevo

Edited by stevo

Guest stevo

Will you be looking through it or over it.....Does it come with radar?

TEH

haha I just lifted my poles right up , as I wanted to make sure I hadn't missed any , and to see if it was even , just forgot to put em back down before I took the photo , what can I say ..... I was excited ;-)

Guest stevo

that's the stuff I like on my hides. :good:

its good stuff , and it looks a LOT more dense than it really is , inside looking out is spot on !

I will be trying it out tomorrow with a spot of crow shooting , so if its no good , the Crow WILL let me know .

Guest stevo

Looks good.

I use ex MoD nets and fill in any gaps with scrim attached with cable ties, but be careful not too make it too "solid" , as on some days you will spend a lot of time peering through the net, rather than over the top.

i know what you mean , i don't really like to sit there looking over the top of hide , i rather look through , as said looking out is fine , its not as thick as it seems , its only because its in the shade it looks think .

The net looks fine, but I tend not to worry too much about 'blending in'. I don't think the colours matter too much, although I still use desert camo when shooting from the middle of stubbles.

I have some net like the one you've just bought, but I haven't used it for years.

Guest stevo

The net looks fine, but I tend not to worry too much about 'blending in'. I don't think the colours matter too much, although I still use desert camo when shooting from the middle of stubbles.

I have some net like the one you've just bought, but I haven't used it for years.

if this works in real world use , and im happy with it motty , im going to do the same with the desert camo , for stubbles .

hi ,

as per title really , over the past year I have been getting more and more fed up with the choice of camo net available , no matter what I bought or have seen I could never find anything I was 100% happy with , they never quite seemed to blend in , either too dark ,too light , or just the wrong pattern whatever ,

so I hunted online for a net or something like I used to have years ago , in the end I bought 4 British NATO army nets ( new rip - stop type ) now when you get them there great however there very patchy as the camo is in strips and triangles with great big gaps everywhere , so I used one of the nets as a donor and beefed up a 14 ft X 7 ft and came up with this , Don't get me wrong , its NOT a cheep way of doing things however I have got what I WANTED so im happy , and I have enough to do another net the same . see what you think

first pic https://www.dropbox.com/sc/df35348gtwftz7w/GZlOeGqkGj

second pic close up https://www.dropbox.com/sc/7u3ndblldd2otu5/_1JBrpFWkP

third pic , with the sun behind it at top so you can see its not as dense as you think https://www.dropbox.com/sc/l9152w4itm4gmxh/vd29VuKTcV

regards stevo

I made one up very similar years ago which i still use, I've got gaps between so i can look through the net.My plastic scrim is lighter on one side than the other,so you can reverse it & use according to background,I'd like to know where to get this scrim, as i was told it wasn't available anymore due to it being a fire hazard to the troops.Haven't sorted the photo bucket thing yet.Cheers

Guest stevo

Net looks good, I bet it's got some weight to it though and bulky when folded.

I tried it yesterday and found it spot on , it fooled the carrions anyway haha , to be honest its twice the weight of a stealth net and twice as bulky , however its really worth it , the new " Rip-stop " stuff is nice light , not like the old Nato camo nets .

I tried it yesterday and found it spot on , it fooled the carrions anyway haha , to be honest its twice the weight of a stealth net and twice as bulky , however its really worth it , the new " Rip-stop " stuff is nice light , not like the old Nato camo nets .

Ok, not seen the Rip-stop nets before. I'll keep an eye out at the CLA maybe.

To be honest I'm really pleased with the Stealth nets, I have a pair of them and a clear view which is always in my rucksack; I do have an old army net which I sometimes use for when I want to set up in the middle of a field.

Your net does look very good though. Good effort there!

Guest stevo

Cosd ,

Im not slating the stealth net , as in colour , pattern ect , I have a couple myself and they will always have there place , and will be used at some point . What I don't like and just gets on my nerves time and time again , is when you have to beef your net up with whatever is laying about , its a blooming night mare at the end of the day trying to get all the sticks , grass and the rest of the Cr#p you have used trying to blend it in , out of the net , it drives me mad haha , this is of course maybe just me and others maybe have much better success , im just too impatient I spose ,

I just wanted something that most of the time didn't need blending in and wouldn't tangle some much , so if a tad more bulk and a tad more weight is gonna be the trade-off . So be it

stevo

Edited by stevo