PW Shoot Captains go head to head in France......

Catamong

To be fair it was a very, very close run thing with the North having the luck with the weather, one layout in particular was calm and still when I shot and very blustery when the Cat shot.

But let's not too carried away, this was only the European Championship the main event is just over 3 weeks away on the 31st at Sporting Targets in Bedfordshire. That's the one that matters and it's a TEAM event and even more importantly it is for a very worthy CHARITY. So come on you dithers get booked on, you might surprise yourself, you should certainly enjoy yourself and my luck must run out on the raffle so there will be some great prizes to be won.

See you there,

Capt. Potter

To be fair it was a very, very close run thing with the North having the luck with the weather, one layout in particular was calm and still when I shot and very blustery when the Cat shot.

But let's not too carried away, this was only the European Championship the main event is just over 3 weeks away on the 31st at Sporting Targets in Bedfordshire. That's the one that matters and it's a TEAM event and even more importantly it is for a very worthy CHARITY. So come on you dithers get booked on, you might surprise yourself, you should certainly enjoy yourself and my luck must run out on the raffle so there will be some great prizes to be won.

See you there,

Capt. Potter

A true sportsman you are Andy , but now the south are going empty handed this year again ! thought we agreed you would throw this one to get more (Loser's) signed up for the South :whistling:

looks like Cat's gone into hiding :ninja:

looks like Cat's gone into hiding :ninja:

'Fraid not,.......... :no: I had a very late night last night courtesy of dodgy electrics on a Sleazyjet Airbus parked up at Marseille, so I was pretty late surfacing today, but I'm more than happy to acknowledge a superb 179 ex 200 by Mr Potter, he beat me by 2 clear birds, I slipped up badly on one very windy layout, but recovered well after that.

Watch this space for a report with piccies..!!

Now really looking forward to the real event at Sporting Targets at the end of this month, where we will all be winners raising money for a worthwhile cause. :good:

If you've been diagnosed with Cancer, as I have, shooting clay pigeons doesn't seem quite so important any more, until you've been given the "all clear" by a team of experts who offer help and support and have largely been funded by Charities such as Orchid, so c'mon Guys, dig deep and support this event, there are so many clay shooting experts on here who have yet to sign up, put your money where your mouth is and give your support, one day, (which I hope never happens) ,you may need to call upon their help and assistance.

Cat.

'Fraid not,.......... :no: I had a very late night last night courtesy of dodgy electrics on a Sleazyjet Airbus parked up at Marseille, so I was pretty late surfacing today, but I'm more than happy to acknowledge a superb 179 ex 200 by Mr Potter, he beat me by 2 clear birds, I slipped up badly on one very windy layout, but recovered well after that.

Now really looking forward to the real event at Sporting Targets at the end of this month, where we will all be winners raising money for a worthwhile cause. :good:

If you've been diagnosed with Cancer, as I have, shooting clay pigeons doesn't seem quite so important any more, until you've been given the "all clear" by a team of experts who offer help and support and have largely been funded by Charities such as Orchid, so c'mon Guys, dig deep and support this event, there are so many clay shooting experts on here who have yet to sign up, put your money where your mouth is and give your support, one day, (which I hope never happens) ,you may need to call upon their help and assistance.

Cat.

Agree mate just need to get a few more signed up now :good:

Cat.

I couldn't agree more with Cats' post, I and I'm sure most of us on here haven't heard the words "I'm afraid you have cancer Mr X" nor does any of us want anyone of our family or friends to hear them. It's also a fact of life that the majority of research into cures is undertaken by charities such as Orchid and they need our support.

I don't know how many members PW currently has, many thousands for sure. If you can't be there on the day for any one of a thousand reasons, well that's a shame but please visit the Just Giving page, link from the sign up page and donate what you can, if every member gave £1 that would be a hell of a lot of money going to this life changing charity. But dig deep and give what you can, the numbers for the shoot are building slowly and I hope we can field a good number from both the North and the South.

It's not about the result ( seriously it isn't) and it's definitely not about individual scores. How much we raise for ORCHID is what really matters.

Mr Potter

I couldn't agree more with Cats' post, I and I'm sure most of us on here haven't heard the words "I'm afraid you have cancer Mr X" nor does any of us want anyone of our family or friends to hear them. It's also a fact of life that the majority of research into cures is undertaken by charities such as Orchid and they need our support.

I don't know how many members PW currently has, many thousands for sure. If you can't be there on the day for any one of a thousand reasons, well that's a shame but please visit the Just Giving page, link from the sign up page and donate what you can, if every member gave £1 that would be a hell of a lot of money going to this life changing charity. But dig deep and give what you can, the numbers for the shoot are building slowly and I hope we can field a good number from both the North and the South.

It's not about the result ( seriously it isn't) and it's definitely not about individual scores. How much we raise for ORCHID is what really matters.

Mr Potter

Well said Mr Potter