Testing some flat pack crow decoys

Remimax

After looking at several homemade crow decoy posts on here decided to knock up a few and give em a go for a couple of hours with me M8 on a fresh field.

made 20 in all out of 6mm ply with blackboard paint and a piece of steel 10mm OD tube with one end hammered flat .

flattened end is epoxy glued onto the ply with 5min set araldite and is strong as hell.

as i set em out the old crows were buzzin round so things looked good.

settled into the hide and they came in a treat, nice and close which was handy cos i'm a **** shot :blush: .

ended up with 21 shot with 18 picked up .

don't think i'll be parting with me hard earned for any more plastic crow decoys as these work just as well and take up no space in the bag.

post-67058-0-01407500-1399152933_thumb.jpg

Edited by Remimax

Spot on mate,they do work well I made 26 for about £12,the paint cost £9,only paid a couple of quid for off cut 4mm ply and some wood for the spikes.They realy pull em in and they are easy and light to carry.

Make youself a few in the head down feeding position.

Edited by Davyo

Spot on mate,they do work well I made 26 for about £12,the paint cost £9,only paid a couple of quid for off cut 4mm ply and some wood for the spikes.They realy pull em in and they are easy and light to carry.

Make youself a few in the head down feeding position.

yep same here allready had the materials lying about just had to buy some paint,

sure the Mrs will be happy to hear i'm changing the position. :blush:

will make half a dozen head downers ready for the next outing .

Edited by Remimax

I made a load of them by using black Correx board. This is very similar to what estate agents use for 'For Sale' signs.

They work well, and I can carry up to 60 in a small bag with hardly any weight to them.

If you can get hold of some Correx, you can just insert stiff wire into the decoys, as the material is corrugated.

Where can you get the shape from to print off ? preferably in heads up and down pattern, I will have a look at work and see what 6mm ply is about, bear in mind I am **** at drawing hence the reason I need patterns really,

Thanks barney

Just google crow silhouettes on google,look for more images and just draw some free hand onto cardboard and use this a your template.Once you have cut out 2 diff positions ou of plywood and sanded the edges,keep these as hard templates for future.

Edited by Davyo

20140504_171212_zps44wc7gtf.jpg made these out of corex type plastic by drawing around a full bodied crow decoy then using the first one as a stencil for another 23. Brazing rod with a point ground onto bottom to stick into the ground.

that's exactly how I did mine,less the spikes,got 20 out of a sheet of correx,got 3 sheets left for some more,so light to carry,and they actually work............DAZ