opinions wanted on Baretta 682 x trap

kiffy

hi folks.. been having a quiet nose around for a left handed trap gun and heard of a leftie for sale today and the owner just rang me with details. its a baretta 682 x trap, multi choke with monte carlo stock.. although the owner says its in very good condition ive yet to see it or know of its age but wondered before i agree to see it what you guys thought of them as a trap gun?

thanks guys, to be honest im only looking at it for dtl as i rarely do sporting.. at the moment i use my lanber for both but im struggling on dtl with it. used it for 3 lines today then swapped to a borrowed trap gun and my score went up almost 50% which is a huge difference when you consider it was a right hander and a strange gun to me

Has this been Teague choked as I was unaware beretta made a multichoke 682x trap gun with multichokes, most are 3/4 and full

In my opinion they are one of the best trap guns out had mine for 15 years

Just make sure it has not been lowered as well mine had and it cost me £250 for the correct stock ,at the time I didn't know it had been altered

Deershooter

i had a quick google looking for info and have seen multichoked versions as for the stock, thanks for the tip ill keep an eye out for that... he will bring it to the dtl club i go to for me to try it out so should be ok as theres people there who know their stuff on if its been played with

I bought a new left handed 682X 32" barreled trap gun back in the 80's, it was multichoked. They were all the rage then for those on the DTL circuit. I didn't get on very well with it and swapped it for a Browning B2 trap gun which suited me better.

Excellent guns, I have two, one Teague choked and the other the original 3/4 and full 32". For some reason I seem to shoot better with the non teague version.

Have also in the past had a factory multi choke version which I could not get on with at all. I think the barrels are heavier to accommodate the Mobil chokes.

I mostly shoot English sporting and FITASC sporting with them but when I do shoot DTL it's just as though the gun is doing the work for you, very steady and pointable - brilliant dtl guns.

Depending on condition you could expect to pay anywhere from £700 - £1200.

thanks guys, to be honest im only looking at it for dtl as i rarely do sporting.. at the moment i use my lanber for both but im struggling on dtl with it. used it for 3 lines today then swapped to a borrowed trap gun and my score went up almost 50% which is a huge difference when you consider it was a right hander and a strange gun to me

Makes me feel better with my result on Sunday shooting sporting with my trap gun !

I brought one of these last September. 32" Black action and teagued. The gun is 26 years old, but In mint condition, I paid a £1050 for it from a dealer. The build quality is fantastic, far superior to my later 686 model and feels more like German engineering than Italian. For me, it shoots very high (even for a trap gun), I tried shooting registered sporting with it for a while as i preferred the trigger and balance to my sporter, but eventually switched back as targets both at distance and dropping were tricky to judge with the guns high POI. As a trap gun though, especially DTL, brilliant once I managed to stop myself swinging through the target.

A little tip, if the beretta gold inlayed lettering on the action has faded or gone completely, this stuff works wonders and you couldn't tell that it isn't the original finish.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Amaco-76361A-RubN-Buff-Gold/dp/B00081HYDC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399914748&sr=8-1&keywords=Rub+n+buff+gold

Kiffy you are not helping!

what :blush:

he does.. nice gun to, bit rusty from using it wildfowling (bloody idiot!) but a nice gun... we where in the hide a few weeks ago me with my benelli him with his trap gun.. i missed LOADS as usual with my benelli.. grabbed his gun and one shot dropped a jackdaw with one of my best ever shots...