brand new mazda nightmare

WinchesterDave

Well today, my girlfriend, picked up her lovely brand new mazda 2 sport colour edition. She was made up, couldn't wait to have her first weekend of freedom, only to be confronted with a engine warning light, periodically flashing on the way home... Bit strange we Thought, it's a brand new car.. Literally!

Anyway got home, and me and her dad had a look under the bonnet where we were confronted with a burning smell; got on the phone to road side assistance who sent a chap out, only because it is a brand new car (they said they don't usually come out because of dashboard warning lights). When he plugged his electronic gizmo in to the engine it come up that cylinder 4 was mis firing!!! And right now it is currently being towed back to the garage!!!

My girlfriend is well and truly gutted and upset as she has been saving for a while to get her first car sorted only for this to happen to her:/

I'm equally as annoyed and frustrated and I can imagine the mazda dealership to get a rather lot of greif from

Her dad.

Thought id tell you lot on pw my day see what you think about it :/

Dave.

Edited by WinchesterDave

Unfortunate but it does not matter if you pay 50p or £50,000 for something it could go wrong .

Chap i work with brought a brand new citroen c4 and on the drive from the garage it came to a grinding halt , turned out there was a part of a drill bit left in the engine !

It had to have new engine.

As long as it is sorted , shouting and screaming will not make much difference.

Doesn't put much faith in the quality of the pdi though!

It sounds like coil pack failure which is unfortunately fairly common for most cars and not always age related, pdi would not have revealed any issues if the fault occured later.

As said most likely a coil pack or spark plug, with the millions of these parts that are produced there's always gonna be one that fails every now 'n then

If your lucky they might throw in a free service later in the cars life

Mazdas are usually good cars, I believe the Mazda 2 is basically a Ford underneath, so a coil pack would be very close to the top of the list. As for the PDI , in 99% of cases it's a box ticking exercise , your lucky if they even set the tyre pressures.