.22 MUZZLE BRAKE - New design available - £25 posted

saddler

After some prompting I have managed to persuade a local mate to make up a few muzzle brakes.

These were to have been done by now but he's had a couple of trips away & also attended the Phoenix, so his time has been limited.

PICS BELOW show a couple of prototypes, "in the white".

post-57131-0-94775400-1401480526_thumb.jpg

They can come in this finish, but we're also looking into black spray paint & anodising as options; just depends how popular they prove to be.

The sizes available will be 21mm od & 19mm od. 1/2"UNF as standard. (1/2"x20)

Ports can be in any arrangement of your choice, but to start with the ones below will be the first batch made.

These have a large dia port at 90-deg to bore, with a couple of smaller ports on the top...hopefully the pics will show the ports ok.

Depending on your thread you may have to add shims to get the brake to index, or possibly skim the rear face of the brake.

Let me know if you are interested (post your name below, with qty req'd) & I'll then make up a list of buyers and pass his details to you for bank transfer, etc.

£25, posted

Edited by saddler

Hi I'm interested in the one for my ruger with a volq barrel which is 1/2 x 20 UNF, is that what these are?

If so, I don't mind one in "white", but would prefer black if possible, 21 od.

thanks

Edited by tasum

What is the effect of them? / What do they actually do?

They change the barrel harmonics, they effect recoil/muzzle jump of the gun they're fitted to, they act as a thread protector- plus they look good...

Not really an item for field use, more an accessory for target shooters.

The bloke that makes them shoots on the Scottish Gallery Rifle Team (plus other squads) & is an active competitive shot (& medal winner) at Bisley. He's tested muzzle brakes on .22 rifles quite a lot over the years and has found that they DO have a positive effect on accuracy.

Very nice, but I have to ask; why?

Why NOT? As with lots of shooting, each to their own...but as per the reply above, they do make a difference on target

Very nice in the white. Out of curiosity where do you stand legally?

If a silencer has to be on your ticket does one of these?

Similar legally to choke tubes on shotguns...not classed as a restricted item...so can be feeely bought/sold Edited by saddler