I'm assuming this is ******?

northernneil

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cause not sure, solution not sure............ Trip to gunsmith (good one required!)

If it was at the muzzles end it looks like what can happen with HP steel in the choke. Barrels may be found and fitted where abouts are you?

What spec tubes? 28/30/32? FC/MC?

Edited by HDAV

I know where there's a set or refurbed 28" mc 686 barrels, or you can buy a new set from GMK think they cost £1000

Are the ones you know of mental money mate? I'm certainly not spending £1000 on it.

I have a 686 Gold E too but this is breaking my heart! Lol

Welshwarrior hopefully will sort you out.... :good::good::good:

Not what I wanted to hear, but I suppose i need to face facts. :-(

Is there a good site where I can search for replacements? There doesn't seem to be a section on here....

I rather be frank with you, than you risking your safety

Have you discusse this with GMK?

They might not be interested because of the age, but I don`t think any importer, no matter what the age of the product, would want pictures of one of their guns plastered all over the internet with an apparent crack in the steel at the end of the chamber!

From what I can see, this gun could be only moments from a catastrophic, and deadly, failure. This type of problem would only normally come from a manufacturing/raw material fault. I don`t see how you could otherwise cause this failure.

Whilst i'd love to agree that GMK would take a look, I have to say I'm very much of the opinion that it's 25 years old and I really shouldn't expect nothing from them to be honest. It's had at least 3 or 4 owners etc and has been perfectly fine. Things do break!

I was only shooting Lyevale Express Fibre 8's through it, and in my ownership it's never had anything bigger that 7.5's shot.

I'm certainly interested in who Nigel Teague is, obvioulsy I've heard the surname (i have those extended chokes in the gun) but don't have any contact details etc.

Welshwarrior, I've found your number, I'll give you a bell as it'll be easier to ring etc rather than posting on here?

This is nuts...that barrel is disgusting!

I would be speaking with Berreta direct showing the photos!

That barrel should last hundreds of years!

Even if someone shoved magnums in it of any length!

Cracks do not develope in gun barrels unless there is a fault in the steel or the jointing.

Overpriced too!

U.

This is nuts...that barrel is disgusting!

I would be speaking with Berreta direct showing the photos!

That barrel should last hundreds of years!

Even if someone shoved magnums in it of any length!

Cracks do not develope in gun barrels unless there is a fault in the steel or the jointing.

Overpriced too!

U.

I'm sorry, but I'll have to disagree.

The OP has no idea what sort of use/abuse the gun has been put through in the quarter century it has been around. For all he knows, someone could have been banging home-loaded 3.5" slug shells through it on deer dispatch for 10 years or more.

To claim that it should last centuries, no matter what has been put through it ... well, I don't think that's a very realistic attitude. I'll put it that way.