Underlever Rifles

jam1e

Yes, .44mag :) the newer versions (since 09-2011) have the scope rail mounting holes on top of the receiver.

Price wise it's about the same as a new Remlin, I paid £845 from my local RFD all in.

I got my scope rail and thumb extension off Ebay US, a lot cheaper than over here!. I've put about 100 rounds through it so far and it's shooting very nicely indeed, single ragged 3/4" holes at 25m using either 200 or 240gr cast boolits over 4.8 or 4.6gr of TiteGroup.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't see this post it was never there if it was I'd want to know more. And a variation form sat on the table in front of me being fill in.

It's not there.

:lol:

I have to admit, I have a slot for the .22mag, so I could go out and get one, but I just can't get the very nice looking 30/30 cartridge out of my mind! :shout:

Shown this photp before.

bloodcard019.jpg

30/30 Win94 trapper. First shot was 60yds. She ran and I tracked her through the scope. I nearly shot her on the run but she stumbled so thought she was ailing! When she did stop I put a second round just a couple of inches away from the first. That ended it.

The load was something like 29grn of H322 and a Speer 150 fp. The carbine was a joy to carry!

I use to load it with 110grn hp bullets for vermin and it was very flat beyond 150 yds and 200yd shots were made all the time.

Bouncing bullets are a mute point....an acounting for every shot fired is required no matter what gun!

U.

I went to Holts last night in Hammersmith. In the sealed bid auction (lot 3551) is a Marlin SBL .45-70 (with a pre-remingtonn serial number) that looks like it has had very little use. Estimate is £4-600, to which you would have to add 30% (25% fee plus VAT). Its on 3rd July.

Holts had some very high prices even in the sealed bid auction, but for a lightly used and rare gun I thought this was a good find.

Bouncing bullets are a mute point....an acounting for every shot fired is required no matter what gun!

Of cause but it does happen no matter how careful or skilled we are and we all know some rounds bounce more than others.

grandmother, suck and eggs ;)

Thanks for the effective range comments tho.

Edited by thepasty

I went to Holts last night in Hammersmith. In the sealed bid auction (lot 3551) is a Marlin SBL .45-70 (with a pre-remingtonn serial number) that looks like it has had very little use. Estimate is £4-600, to which you would have to add 30% (25% fee plus VAT). Its on 3rd July.

Holts had some very high prices even in the sealed bid auction, but for a lightly used and rare gun I thought this was a good find.

Never been to many auctions, and none where firearms are on the list!

Probably a good job really! :oops:

Love it or hate it I'm putting in a variation for a .45 long colt turus circuit judge rifle and a .357 lbr to go with my .22lr semi auto lbp

Never seen that type of rifle before, not a bad looking gun, and nice that it's a bit different!

Of cause but it does happen no matter how careful or skilled we are and we all know some rounds bounce more than others.

grandmother, suck and eggs ;)

Thanks for the effective range comments tho.

sorry matey. I diddna mean to sound condesending.

I agree yes bullets can or will bounce and by saying an accounting mean considering....no matter what etc.

In saying that I have not noticed a great deal of difference with the 357 with expanding types.

My apologies :-)