Rolf verdict

Ricko

I will say it as I see it like it or not, in this case we have a dedicated team doing the prosecution, a team that have had a good kicking in the past and a team determined to "get a conviction" I will wager that in years to come a ludivic kennedy type journalist will have some of the yew tree cases "re-examined,"

KW

I cannot see how you come to your conclusions,unless you have inside knowledge that the "team" were the same individuals who were active in other cases,and that the same individuals were out for revenge for getting a "good kicking".

Unless you can show that it was the same persons and that they were acting maliciously then your argument holds no water.And as in any case that is investigated by the police and then prosecuted by CPS there are protocols put in place,should these not be adhered to then the defence would have ripped the prosecution a new one and exploited it to the full extent that they could.

The evidence was put forward,the jury had access to a plethora of information and they came back with the verdict.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too feel cheated that people of my age were conned by these predatory paedos . I always found savil objectionable and am not surprised but rolf ? The shame for me is they were given the run of hospitals of all places . Savil protected by the police ran amok for decades . The distrust it generates for normal guys in everyday situations is a terrible legacy . Monsters .

The thing that bothers me about these cases is when you are asking a child to remember what happened 30 years ago . My two grandchildren cannot remember what they had for lunch yesterday . With children there is a very fine line between reality and fantasy .

He has been found guilty by a jury of his peers and must face the music.

Harnser

Oh dear no its nothing to do with my like or dislike,its my strange inability to understand why 12 people waited 34 or 35 years to make a complaint? 1 or 2 yes I could see that being covered up but 12? hard to believe, that and the fact that in this case the daughter of the convicted person actually said one incident did not happen as she was there! so is she being done for perjury?

If he has done it then he deserves what he gets , and yes a jury found him guilty, my concern is they made a decision based on the "evidence" they were presented with, and just how that evidence and case were made, as once you have a team looking at achieving goals and sad sickening things like child abuse becoming almost a KPI then I worry.

KW

Time is not an issue in the eyes of the law... Its no different in some respects to child abuse victims coming forward many years after they have been abused by their parents.

Imagine you had been fiddled with by someone of the same fame and having identical public adulation as Rolf when you were an under aged teen ....say Raquel Welch or Barbara Windsor would you have complained at the time ?....be honest.

I sat on a jury in a case where a woman under the age of consent had been gang raped by three men including one she later married. It was all very Jeremy Kyle. They all got custodial and it was one of their Sisters who persuaded her to bring the case to the attention of the CPS some 15 years later. It was difficult fro me to comprehend the complexity of the Psychological tricks this guy perpetrated and the apparent control he had over this woman.

As much as I like Rolf and particularly his Art ( I still do ) Im afraid he's as bent as a nine bob note and will get what he deserves...If the Victims get some compensation too so be it.

You can agree to disagree, a discussion does not mean that you have to make others with different views bow to your opinion.

Keep the discussion polite, its not necessary to resort to personal insults.

Found guilty by a jury.

Sexual predator, pervert, sexual adulterer,

These are words of the bbc.

You cannot gloss yet another peadophile over.

My opinion I will keep to myself.

I don't feel cheated or sad about my childhood, i'm 47 now and happy to see the perverts put away.

If anyone has doubts about his guilt, the letter he wrote to a girls father seems to have been missed in posts so far.

He admitted abusing the girl to her father in writing !!!!

very sad,,,abuse and sexual at that should not happen but it will never be stopped,,

would the same amount of people have come forward if NO compensation was to be had,,,,,its now understood that since the guilty verdict more and more victims are coming out the woodwork,

as abba sang,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,money,money,money

he will get what he deserves and will probably die in prison and now the police are deciding weather to bring further charges,

why did they not come forward earlier, it totally baffles me,,but he will finally be punished for what he has done

atb Evo

Sentenced on Friday court is waiting for a copy of his mental report. Like that should get him off!!

It was on the news that Australia wants to prosecute him as well.

Sorry but all these different claims and allegations. He's guilty if it was just one many there jumping on the lets claim thousands band wagon.

But all theses sorry he's guilty and should be sent down for the rest of his life.

I can't get my head round his wife and daughter standing by him.

I would have disowned him.

Found guilty by a jury.

Sexual predator, pervert, sexual adulterer,

These are words of the bbc.

You cannot gloss yet another peadophile over.

My opinion I will keep to myself.

:rolleyes:

Have another read of the thread. Cranfied was talking about members squabbling, not asking people to be nice about paedophiles.

The thing that bothers me about these cases is when you are asking a child to remember what happened 30 years ago . My two grandchildren cannot remember what they had for lunch yesterday . With children there is a very fine line between reality and fantasy .

He has been found guilty by a jury of his peers and must face the music.

Harnser

Trust me things like that remain very vivid forever, like it was only a few mins ago, I cant credit my 90+ yr old mate can remember his D day experiances so vividly, its not just the horrific stuff its the exact conversations he had with each of his guys and the weather etc. - such things stick, don't discredit the witnesses the defence will have already been there big time

Absolutely shocking what sort of world allows these individuals to do this, they are beyond contempt engineering a "celebrity" status as a passport to abuse children.

Watching the usual roll-call of lovvie types Cilla Black Ronnie Corbett Esther Rantzen makes me sick to the stomach, they must have know yet they kept quite just to carry on their celebrity status.

Absolutely shocking what sort of world allows these individuals to do this, they are beyond contempt engineering a "celebrity" status as a passport to abuse children.

Watching the usual roll-call of lovvie types Cilla Black Ronnie Corbett Esther Rantzen makes me sick to the stomach, they must have know yet they kept quite just to carry on their celebrity status.

Wow now, I worked with a bloke for quite a while away on jobs we often ended up getting a twin room when required. Turns out after quite a while he was "married" to another bloke! You cannot say such things about these other celebs.

This one fella changed my somewhat prejudiced view at that time, it embarrasses me still the things I must have said to him and the jokes I must have told over that time, Paedophiles hide among us very well because they are just like us bar the fact their sexual preference is a little astray - how might you know such a thing?.

The only bloke who got a laugh out of my predicament with the above guy was the Boss who new full well from the start, he told me like I should already know the reason why when I just mentioned my lack of pace when we were working right next door to a model agency that "Greg" never seemed to notice and just got on with his work yet I was constantly distracted and struggling to keep pace.

in the case of the bbc and other organizations paedo's remain anonymous because when people try to name and shame even after they are convicted in some cases its covered up as people who were associated with the individual dont want people to know that they know him as it looks so bad. hence upon release they return to their lives often virtually unknown. for rolf and max they may never get out and if they do they have the shame that everyone knows.

A world where in some cases people have not been aware of what goes on. Why must they have known. Our old neighbour was caught with 2,500 images on his PC, most of which he was distributing.

Married, 3 kids, BMW driving accountant.

Other neighbours were a copper, a scientist and a GP. No one had any idea.

hang on to it will go up again as kw thinks rolfs conviction will be re examined :lol:

I find the interview with Vince Hill quite disturbing, he just didn't seem to accept that his "friend" could do such a thing.

Edited by keg