MEC bushes

Can any one help me out?

I have been asked to make some powder bushes for a new reloader for steel shot, he has got the loads from his mate who uses a MEC .He wants me to make bushes in MEC size from 40- 46 to suit a Pacific press I have searched the net and cannot find a number to size conversion chart does any one have one please they can share.

Deershooter

Edited by deershooter

I have never had good accuracy of weights of steel 'thrown' by a bushing. I have made scoops (based on Greener's device) where a number of holes are drilled through a piece of aluminium flat bar. A base plate and a trowel are then attached. Once the weight is determined, all spare holes are blocked with pellets of papier-mâché.

The 'trowel' is passed through a shallow tray of shot, and the holes are filled in an instant.

The ladled shot is added manually via a bottomless shot bottle. In this way, using good quality polished steel shot, I can dispense exactly the SAME number of pellets each time.

Edited by Floating Chamber

Guest cookoff013

The lad who wants them is loading steel but is wanting the correct powder bushings for his press, He will still be hand weighing the steel

I don't get the, hand weigh steel bit.

I was once told you needed to weigh both shot and powder or you will essentially die. As long as the right amount gets in a hull, who gives a tosh?

I do weigh above a certain shot size, 4can be entered good

Guest cookoff013

STOP PRESS! Cheap Replacements for MEC powder and shot bottles!

SAINSBURY'S ORANGE BLOSSOM AND POMEGRANATE IRONING WATER! £1 a bottle. Good, tough clear plastic with the same thread. Just cut the hole in the bottom for the bung!

Cheers fc.

Now reloaders around the UK smell nice.