Alan Henning

digger

This is very, very sad. The guy obviously wanted to help, out of the goodness of his own heart. Unfortunately IS do not want westerners to be portrayed as friendly, even if it is as an exception. They much rather vilify any non muslim. Shame for him, his family and the humanitarian ideals he so passionately served. Rest in Peace...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could they be defeated by the SF in their entirety though? It won't solve the root cause. If they nail the crowd responsible for these beheadings, more will just take their place surely?

Remember this is a 'cause to be associated with' for some Muslims. When you find a terrible revenge is wreaked upon you, the gloss of jihadism and the lure of virgins on the other side will dim and be exposed for extremism propaganda.

We will need extreme force and unmerciful aggression and not question the need, for this plague to be defeated. Our guys and the other well-trained groups need to fear no backlash and dump their head cams. I for one wish I could be there.

Remember this is a 'cause to be associated with' for some Muslims. When you find a terrible revenge is wreaked upon you, the gloss of jihadism and the lure of virgins on the other side will dim and be exposed for extremism propaganda.

We will need extreme force and unmerciful aggression and not question the need, for this plague to be defeated. Our guys and the other well-trained groups need to fear no backlash and dump their head cams. I for one wish I could be there.

Kes you are so spot on,and yes i would go if i still thought i could cut it,But what worries me is what happens after.Just another vacuum to be filled by the next sponsored fanatic.

Kes you are so spot on,and yes i would go if i still thought i could cut it,But what worries me is what happens after.Just another vacuum to be filled by the next sponsored fanatic.

One wonders where they come from but all have a common link - religeon.

Perhaps those who espouse the Muslim faith need to ask themselves your pertinent question and realise that as well as ISIS on trial here, perhaps so is the ability of the Muslim faith to be moderate and inclusive and acceptable to the whole of the 'faithful'. ?

This is the truth of it. Sadly...

I have come to the conclusion that these fanatics constantly need some enemy to blame in order to maintain control and support at their local (mostly) illiterate and limited resources communities.

RIP

While we all chat about other things on here it is a taken that what you have posted is what we all think

One wonders where they come from but all have a common link - religeon.

Perhaps those who espouse the Muslim faith need to ask themselves your pertinent question and realise that as well as ISIS on trial here, perhaps so is the ability of the Muslim faith to be moderate and inclusive and acceptable to the whole of the 'faithful'. ?

A huge question to ask of the Muslim faith,and i suspect that even they despair of people on the fringes of their religion.your statement poses huge questions and i suspect i am not the one to answer them.

This is the truth of it. Sadly...

I have come to the conclusion that these fanatics constantly need some enemy to blame in order to maintain control and support at their local (mostly) illiterate and limited resources communities.

It would need the surgical separation of the Muslim faith from the path of murder and extreme violence. The Muslim faith is driving extremism and its interpretation is possible in many forms. It requires moderate Muslims to take back their faith and not fear these blasphemers. The ideology which drives ISIS requires Muslim condemnation and a proclamation of Jihad against extremists by all Muslim Scholars - deny extremism the oxygen of the Muslim faith, and they will die.

Allahu akbar is being desecrated and who should first condemn this? Not infidels but ............... May the blessings on Alan Henning be many.

Contrast this thread with the programme on CH5 last night about Cheetham hill in Manchester where the highlight was a Jewish Deli owner and his chef and best friend, a muslim from Afghanistan. All religions can co exist without problems. Lets face it, many of the stories and fables are the same just with different names. The same principles and rules. The difference is in the interpretation by the religious zealots on both sides.

Something to consider, not all muslims are terrorists but most terrorists are muslims. I'd like to know why they feel so fervently that they need to kill and maim people of other faiths or even those of the same faith but slightly different beliefs.

Rather like C of E versus Catholicism?

We must be careful not to tar everyone with the same brush though, as an example, during the awful floods in Somerset earlier this year ordinary people were glad of help from anywhere. One of those groups who offered and turned up, grafted and were welcomed with open arms were a group from Birmingham. Turbanned Sikhs. They made a lot of friends and won't be forgotten in a hurry.

Contrast this thread with the programme on CH5 last night about Cheetham hill in Manchester where the highlight was a Jewish Deli owner and his chef and best friend, a muslim from Afghanistan. All religions can co exist without problems. Lets face it, many of the stories and fables are the same just with different names. The same principles and rules. The difference is in the interpretation by the religious zealots on both sides.

Something to consider, not all muslims are terrorists but most terrorists are muslims. I'd like to know why they feel so fervently that they need to kill and maim people of other faiths or even those of the same faith but slightly different beliefs.

Rather like C of E versus Catholicism?

We must be careful not to tar everyone with the same brush though, as an example, during the awful floods in Somerset earlier this year ordinary people were glad of help from anywhere. One of those groups who offered and turned up, grafted and were welcomed with open arms were a group from Birmingham. Turbanned Sikhs. They made a lot of friends and won't be forgotten in a hurry.

Your argument is flawed,you only have to step back a few years and the biggest terrorist threat came from the IRA,i cannot remember any of them being Muslim, but i do remember them blowing up a block in my old barracks, and also a boat hose on the Foyle killing a dog handler and his dog while my mate who was on rotation at the time watched.

Religion eh, what is it good for,............................absolutely nothing,say it again .

Very sad news, though unfortunately not unexpected.

Those who think the problem can be sorted by a few 'men in black' being sent over are living in cloud cuckoo land. This is a group who are well equipped, well trained and well financed, not to mention their fanatical belief in their cause (not dissimilar to that of the Japanese in WW2).

This is going to drag on for years in one form or another, and it's pretty much a problem of our own making, so you can thank Bush and Blair for that.

Without a doubt ground troops will have to be deployed at some point, but I suspect the image of a kidnapped and decapitated US/UK soldier being screened on the internet is giving those in Whitehall and the Pentagon a reality check for the time being.

Your argument is flawed,you only have to step back a few years and the biggest terrorist threat came from the IRA,i cannot remember any of them being Muslim, but i do remember them blowing up a block in my old barracks, and also a boat hose on the Foyle killing a dog handler and his dog while my mate who was on rotation at the time watched.

Religion eh, what is it good for,............................absolutely nothing,say it again .

Which is why I pointed out C of E and Catholicism, that problem is behind us now, hopefully forever. That may be because we were all civilised enough to eventually get round the table and agree to differ but work together.It may also be because religion is no longer so important to the average person here, we tend to judge people on their actions, not their God.

The problem with the Muslim faith and particularly in the middle and far east is the mindset of the people, still firmly in the belief that bloodshed is the only way forward. Still insisting on arranged marriages, child brides, honour killing and all the other constraints of a primitive(by our standards) society. They still believe that non Muslims are worthless. So yes you are correct in one way,the IRA were terrorists but eventually we negotiated with them and learned to co exist. That will never happen with Muslim hardliners, it is us or them and our Government is too weak or stupid to understand that.

Regards

Tim

timmytree You say that the troubles of the IRA are behind us but that is not so, the Real IRA have stepped up to the mark and continue to make mayhem,and while the image is of a united Ireland most people from the divides will tell you that beatings ,extortion in the name of ,and various other things continue.

While i agree with you on some of the points like child brides,honour killings etc, you cannot condemn a culture because it is different to yours.

And lastly ,why is it up to our Government? there are quite a few Governments in the world so why us?

Edited by welsh1

Sad news just heard it's not a British problem it's the worlds problem lets see what the U N say on the matter Britan isn't equiped to fight a conventional war anymore united forces are called for and for gods sake when it does kick off keep the media out of the war zone and let the armed forces do what they do best kill

timmytree You say that the troubles of the IRA are behind us but that is not so, the Real IRA have stepped up to the mark and continue to make mayhem,and while the image is of a united Ireland most people from the divides will tell you that beatings ,extortion in the name of ,and various other things continue.

While i agree with you on some of the points like child brides,honour killings etc, you cannot condemn a culture because it is different to yours.

And lastly ,why is it up to our Government? there are quite a few Governments in the world so why us?

Because it is our Governments that have decided to interfere in Iraq and Afghanistan along with the Americans. We supported Kuwait for no other reason than oil, we should have left the Arab nations to sort their own problems, we wouldn't expect the Arab nations to intervene in Europe so why are we playing Gods policeman to the rest of the world? We have enough problems of our own, without taking on someone elses.

All we have done is antagonise Muslims in this country and elsewhere.

On your other point, I don't condemn those that are different, only those that believe that barbaric slaughter and mindless killing is a way forward. The Sikh culture is different but the Sikh community was one of those that offered help during the Somerset floods, a group from Birmingham turned up to help and made some good friends in the local community, they also earned a hell of a lot of respect and goodwill for their humanitarian approach.

Because it is our Governments that have decided to interfere in Iraq and Afghanistan along with the Americans. We supported Kuwait for no other reason than oil, we should have left the Arab nations to sort their own problems, we wouldn't expect the Arab nations to intervene in Europe so why are we playing Gods policeman to the rest of the world? We have enough problems of our own, without taking on someone elses.

All we have done is antagonise Muslims in this country and elsewhere.

On your other point, I don't condemn those that are different, only those that believe that barbaric slaughter and mindless killing is a way forward. The Sikh culture is different but the Sikh community was one of those that offered help during the Somerset floods, a group from Birmingham turned up to help and made some good friends in the local community, they also earned a hell of a lot of respect and goodwill for their humanitarian approach.

So we are singing from the same song sheet,our country are not the worlds policemen and we do not have the capacity to behaves as such,we should step back protect our borders and leave IS to implode on themselves.

So we are singing from the same song sheet,our country are not the worlds policemen and we do not have the capacity to behaves as such,we should step back protect our borders and leave IS to implode on themselves.

Exactly.

It may seem brutal but I really don't care what happens in the less civilised areas of the world. We offer them democracy and they start cutting each others heads off, give them a vote and they plant IEDs. I really don't give a toss what they do, buy the oil if we need it and stay out of their internal problems, it's nothing to do with us.

You can see how 2 faced the situation is, we're told it's to give the people a chance of democracy, yeah right!

If that was true why haven't we stepped in between Russia and the Ukraine?

Sorry but you are way off the mark with this post? first you ask why we should condemn a culture sorry its not a culture or a birthright its a belief a backward pagan belief at that, and a belief that is being deliberately skewed by those who want to use that belief to gain their own neanderthal control of all and everything, and like it or not that includes YOU, the IRA which you quote so readily wanted an independent Ireland , they were wrong in how they went about it but one thing that made them different from these savages is that they did not want domination of all including the west ,and they did not have the means to seed countries before hand as has already been done thanks to our "tolerance and love of diversion" and it will come to bite us before long, so please dont try to give sympathy for their culture? what they have and what they are doing is anything but "culture" unless of course you consider the cutting out of a heart from a living young girl in front of her parents, or the beheading of those misguided enough to believe that putting themselves in harms way will "make a difference" is actually "culture"

Your second question is not really a question but an attempt tp blame one entity for this, IE our govt, well it may surprise you (actually it wont as you knew already didn't you) but this effort against IS is a joint effort containing many many countries in an alliance lead by the USA even Arab states are involved this time , they same to sense the threat IS is .

KW

Edited by kdubya

Alan Henning was such a brave man and didn't show his captors any emotion for them to feed off.

I have seen the video with the beheading deleted, it cuts off just before the knife touches his throat and he still doesn't show any emotion at all, he doesn't want these cowards to know he is scared. How he managed to stay so calm and collected ill never know. My heart goes out to his family and friends. Such a brave brave man doing what he thought was a good thing for the less fortunate people of the country.

R.I.P Alan Henning

A very brave and good man RIP Alan Henning

My belief is that, you kill 1 terrorist 2 more aggrieved people take his place, the solution is globalisation and rampant consumerism that way religions are swept under the carpet or forgotten in the desire for more burgers and car chase films and boob jobs !

Sorry but you are way off the mark with this post? first you ask why we should condemn a culture sorry its not a culture or a birthright its a belief a backward pagan belief at that, and a belief that is being deliberately skewed by those who want to use that belief to gain their own neanderthal control of all and everything, and like it or not that includes YOU, the IRA which you quote so readily wanted an independent Ireland , they were wrong in how they went about it but one thing that made them different from these savages is that they did not want domination of all including the west ,and they did not have the means to seed countries before hand as has already been done thanks to our "tolerance and love of diversion" and it will come to bite us before long, so please dont try to give sympathy for their culture? what they have and what they are doing is anything but "culture" unless of course you consider the cutting out of a heart from a living young girl in front of her parents, or the beheading of those misguided enough to believe that putting themselves in harms way will "make a difference" is actually "culture"

Your second question is not really a question but an attempt tp blame one entity for this, IE our govt, well it may surprise you (actually it wont as you knew already didn't you) but this effort against IS is a joint effort containing many many countries in an alliance lead by the USA even Arab states are involved this time , they same to sense the threat IS is .

KW

Yet again you jump in feet first and tell me what I should be thinking and how I should be acting.get down off your moral high horse for a minute.

The comment about culture was a valid one,yes IS are to be condemned but when they are taken out of the equation the culture of the country in question is vastly different to ours with beliefs and actions that we find distasteful,what then gives us the right to try to mould and shape them to our way of thinking?

As for the IRA were they any less vile bombing innocent women and children,dragging mothers from their houses in front of their children and executing them,they were terrorists who sought to seed fear into the minds of people and that includes YOU ,ring any bells.

And this won't surprise you but the last little jaunt into the Middle East was a coalition of many countries from all over the world, and after all the dead soldiers,the huge waste of money,and moulding a culture and government to our likening we left,I don't have to tell you what happened after that do I ?

RIP Alan, one Man doing what he thought was right and paying the price, thoughts go to his wife and family.

With regards to boots on the ground , Stuy posted the other week that a certain barracks in Hereford was on lockdown so I assume we have covert operations underway and the idea would be to locate and not destroy but to eventually capture so that we can show the world these individuals are not beyond the law of common decency.