That time of year again. its time for a new SEMI AUTO in the cabinet.

hunting

i am looking to buy a new semi auto or s/h i have a budget of £800 and i am looking at getting a 3 shot in 3.5" chamber steel shot proofed

i have been looking at bennellis, brownings, berettas, and winchesters now can someone point me in the right direction

i want to know pros and cons please

thanks

Tim

Your looking at the wrong ones , buy a versamax :yes:

you don't want to be buying a semi auto from a company that makes food blenders and shavers :whistling: , buy a beretta and shoot a mans gun :yahoo:

There is only one gun.

The A300 Xtrema 3 1/2" :yes::good: if Beretta fit you no better Semi-auto shoots all the carts I've put through it from soft clay loads to 3 1/2" bb steel carts without a blip.

If Browning fit you try the Winchester SX3 another good gun, especially for the price.

If your deformed in anyway there are others that will fit but couldn't possibly say which :lol:

Figgy

i bought a maxus, love it !!! it doesnt seem to be fussy over what carts you stuff in it, although i tried out some 3.5'' today and it would seem that i am inded fussy over what carts i stuff in it - it almost knocked me over :lol:

ill be sticking to hull superfast from now on

VersaMax! Easier to clean than a beretta and runs light loads

really ??? mine will shoot 24 gram and 21 gram 65 mm carts all day long . and it comes apart into 5 bits in total ,so ner :innocent::good:

i bought a maxus, love it !!! it doesnt seem to be fussy over what carts you stuff in it, although i tried out some 3.5'' today and it would seem that i am inded fussy over what carts i stuff in it - it almost knocked me over :lol:

Does the forend rattle yet ?

really ??? mine will shoot 24 gram and 21 gram 65 mm carts all day long . and it comes apart into 5 bits in total ,so ner :innocent::good:

Having had both berettas and the versamax , the beretta is a bit more refined to shoot with a better trigger pull by far , but the versamax is much easier to clean , two bolts to undo two small pistons drop out , clean them in 30 seconds , put them back and your done , had several 1000 cartridges through mine now with not a single jam , 65mm - 83mm it matters not it will cycle everything.

Does the forend rattle yet ?

still tight as a drum, its only done about 1000 carts tho so still early days :)

I love the mines better than yours bit :good:

But mine is best :lol::yes:

If you have to clean it what the heck does a few minutes difference make, it's how it shoots that matters most.

Figgy

If theres a zombie at your door figgy . Every second counts ;-)

Having had both berettas and the versamax , the beretta is a bit more refined to shoot with a better trigger pull by far , but the versamax is much easier to clean , two bolts to undo two small pistons drop out , clean them in 30 seconds , put them back and your done , had several 1000 cartridges through mine now with not a single jam , 65mm - 83mm it matters not it will cycle everything.

+1 on that, Versamax is totally reliable, a fantastic gun!

Edited by Wildfowler325

A400 xtream is the best wildfowling semi auto by far.

in your world maybe :yes: but the A400 I had was RUBISH . :lol: yes they are a good gun , but cost nearly 2K ( in camo ) ................. not a chance

the above is of course just my opinion from my OWN experiences with the A400