badger balti?

remmy1100

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've eaten some relatively strong stuff, but even I drew the line at balut in the Philippines.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balut_(egg)

Om nom non

Oh, and if you happen to be in Iceland - rotten shark in urine, anyone?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hákarl#/search

LS

Edited by lord_seagrave

Colin, that literally made me shudder thinking about that one haha did you cook it?

I have eaten my fair share of odd stuff as an international exhibition organiser (Lots of travel) - from crickets and other insects I didn't know in China, to what I thought was beef on noodles but found out it wasn't and was a little upset about it after.

Spent a lot of time in Denmark and had very traditional Danish cold table dinners with all sorts of raw fish in brine only helped down by the copious amounts of nearly frozen schnaps and Tuborg going along side it... yuck.

One of the worst was when I was at the Aldeburgh regatta racing as part of the crew of 'if', a beautiful classic 8m - I had the same Chinese takaway in my tent in Peter's boat yard for 4 days running with no fridge, just washed it in water and heated it and eat it - never even got ill!

Only thing worse than that was being hideously drunk and cracking open a packet of mouldy sandwich beef, and just scraping it off like you do with cheese and eating it - very flavoursome.

Oh wow, ring piece and colon.... was that in a sausage or just on it's own?

I must admit I was a little creeped out in Greece this year when I lunched with some of my clients and they were eating sheep balls as an appetiser...

And to see those 'celebrities' on that 'I'm a celeb get me out of here' crying over a camels hoof or a testicle, Colin would be in for seconds by the sounds of it :-).

God i get put to shame.

Im always up for trying most things once.

Buffalo is nice, tastes a little like venison. Tried kangaroo but wasn't keen on that. Swordfish is very nice.

I used to love cockels as a kid but couldn't bear them in my mouth now.

A lot of insects are meant to be nice and would quite like to try them as something different.