BMW servicing

keg

I have a 3 series diesel estate that decided to break down right on the middle of the Severn bridge. Recovery and hire car were sorted by BMW assist,(joys of an extended warranty i paid for)

Car gets delivered to my local dealership in Leeds today.

The have said they are fully booked all next week but will try and start it on Monday. Are service departments always this busy or am i expecting too much?

Yep same here in sleepy Norfolk. Usually a couple of weeks ahead together courtesy car. Wife's baby BMW had a warranty fault and we had courtesy cars for several days each time. A couple of years ago her new Mini had a starting fault and the driver of the courtesy car (Enterprise who i must say we have had to use twice and they are not good at all) delivered an M Sport BMW 330 auto with the warning ".... careful on your icy lanes I nearly lost it twice" . Got a phone call whilst out shooting -

- What the hell is this?

- No handbrake!

- No gear lever!

- Only two pedals!

- Tyres like rubber bands!

- The remnants of 2ft of snow plus minus 10 today.

- Is someone having a laugh

I have omitted several 4 letter words from the text.

This was a diesel leak. Could smell it when i stopped and popped the bonnet, when it was pulled up onto the trailer, more came out off the undertray.

It's not so much the fact they go wrong Neil, i just can't believe such a big dealership has no spare capacity for a week.

I believe with the BMW engines, a probe is placed down the dipstick slot...

They do that to save time, but it's not the right way to do it, early Smart cars had no sump plug so you had to.

Friends wife had her Mini done at Boreham they didn't even change the oil, they had to get min customer service involved. They met the customer service rep at the dealers who instructed them you will change the oil and filter now and you will remove the sump plug. Time is money and it's all about the money.