rabbits!

• 4 weeks later...

Agree with the above. If I had many to shoot I'd definitely let you know.

My main permission has enough to just about sustain my diet haha. I have possibly 2-3 a fortnight.

I have been approached by someone I know very well in the layer/friday woods area who has a 30 acre field with a rabbit problem that wants clearing properly. I took a look the other night with my airgun and torch and shot one but didn't see many others at that time due to the weather being bad and it was dark on my first visit so made more noise than a 747 coming into land whilst walking. I'll survey the area in the light this weekend and if it's a good spot and worth a proper lamping session and if you are up for chancing an evening to hopefully get a few bunnies with you LR then you are welcome to come along.

Have noticed a distinct lack of bunnies in all the places where I used to see loads sitting out even in the daytimes whilst i was driving about.

My own little bit of permission they seem to have migrated as the land has been sodden / water logged :(

See a few 'mixy affected' sat on the road / verge now and again, but even notice there doesn't seem to be as many on the sides of the Main roads like the A12 & A130 for example

**** loads down here in Cornwall!

Looks like a few of Essex's finest are going on a winter break to your place haha.

But in seriousness Merseapaul, I'll keep you updated - if this new place is on for the rabbits your LR will come in handy on a open ticket. My HMR is too overkill there I think.

Edited by Mentalmac

If my land owners werent so ummm "Cornish" I'd say "come on down!"

Haha I can hear the saxo's revving already :-).

Glad you have ample to shoot thepasty, :-).

I'm sure that there are plenty here in Essex, it's just that they have all turned orange and done their claws up nicely so we don't recognise them....

Don't hold your breath mate, I've been trying to get pigeon shooting permission in this area for ages, I think it's a case of " I'm all right Jack " but good luck anyway.

stroppy atitude ,no location with your avatar.can't understand it???? i'd have thought people would have been queing up to let you shoot there hard earned permisions.

Agree with the above. If I had many to shoot I'd definitely let you know.

My main permission has enough to just about sustain my diet haha. I have possibly 2-3 a fortnight.

I have been approached by someone I know very well in the layer/friday woods area who has a 30 acre field with a rabbit problem that wants clearing properly. I took a look the other night with my airgun and torch and shot one but didn't see many others at that time due to the weather being bad and it was dark on my first visit so made more noise than a 747 coming into land whilst walking. I'll survey the area in the light this weekend and if it's a good spot and worth a proper lamping session and if you are up for chancing an evening to hopefully get a few bunnies with you LR then you are welcome to come along.

Thank you, my permission on mersea is okay to keep me going normally but believe it or not there are only rabbits on east mersea and none on west. The main fields for them are all rape at moment and mild weather has let it shoot up well above bunny height so very awkward and not worth the trip to be honest. Hopefully some heavy frost come soon and shrink it down a bit!.

Anyone wanting a hand with rabbits in essex (chelmsford/colchester surroundings) please let me know. Experienced shot with open fac using 22lr. Most of my permission is rape at moment and grown so fast with mild autumn it's to high to be practical at the moment.

Sounds like an ideal swap rabbit for pigeon.

In the summer we were plagued with rabbits over a very large area and had snares out with some success. Now the undergrowth is suitable for ferrets and netting they all appear to have mixie or already died. Where a few months ago I would have seen dozens of rabbits in a half hour mooch, now I don't see any. Perhaps the odd one that the dog brings to me and these all have mixie.

Thank you, my permission on mersea is okay to keep me going normally but believe it or not there are only rabbits on east mersea and none on west. The main fields for them are all rape at moment and mild weather has let it shoot up well above bunny height so very awkward and not worth the trip to be honest. Hopefully some heavy frost come soon and shrink it down a bit!.

I can imagine, I often walk about East Mersea with the kids (up to the old pillbox) and have a few friends and a colleague on the Island. A nice place to be for sure.

I will keep you posted on anything cropping up locally when I can get down to this new place to have a mooch and as I said, you are more than welcome if it's a go-er. I personally like a bit of company whilst shooting, makes it more of a laugh.

I haven't noticed you offering any of the shooting on your permission to anyone else?

I'm not being arrogant either but I do wonder why people think anyone is going to share a good permission that may have been very hard to come by/keep hold of with a complete stranger, just because they've asked you and with nothing being offered in return?

The amount of times I've been asked ' I'll have to come out for days pigeon shooting with you ' yet they'll rarely offer up what shooting they've got....baffles me!

Good luck in your search though, I'd love some good rabbit shooting in my area too but the big numbers died off some years ago now where I go so have to make do with pigeon shooting for now.

I haven't noticed you offering any of the shooting on your permission to anyone else?

I'm not being arrogant either but I do wonder why people think anyone is going to share a good permission that may have been very hard to come by/keep hold of with a complete stranger, just because they've asked you and with nothing being offered in return?

The amount of times I've been asked ' I'll have to come out for days pigeon shooting with you ' yet they'll rarely offer up what shooting they've got....baffles me!

Good luck in your search though, I'd love some good rabbit shooting in my area too but the big numbers died off some years ago now where I go so have to make do with pigeon shooting for now.

Totally valid comment and it would be the case up till about 8 months ago when my farmer decided to let his colleague run paid shooting days. I only have special permission for myself as been going so long so things are not all ways as selfish as they seem.