Essex Gun Masters

Mungler

No prizes for guessing where I have just been.

Have picked up a flyer for the event.

Anyone interested let me know. Pre-registration is required and if enough people go we can pick our own squad.

There appear to be lots of prizes and entry is limited, so get your skates on.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that in the back of "clay pigeon, no wait target monthly" and wondered. Right around my birthday so I am not sure I can make it, will have to check. The prize list was extensive IIRC.. Right down to 8th and such..

how much is it?

Nick,

Entry is £1,000,000. Let me have the money and I will get your ticket for you.

Seriously though I dunno - it whiffs of being free entry however with those prizes surely it can't be.

I will give the guy a bell tomorrow to stick my name in anyway because word on the street is that places are going and it's local and I don't want to miss it.

Andy

I've shot this one every year since it's been run, a very nice ground, excellent targets set by John Dyson, entry fee last year was £60, ALL of the top Sporting shooters in the UK will shoot it, so if you want to know how you will shape up alongside Faulds & Diggy, now's your chance.

The only criticism I would make is that it's not run to CPSA rules, and "anything goes" in the cartridge stakes.

Last years winner was Sean Bramley from Nottingham, a good friend of mine and a truly great shot, I think he shot about a 190 ex 200, using 36gram Buffalo's throughout, so keep the big bombers handy if you reckon on being in the money..!! :good:

Cat

PS, I've already booked in to shoot on the final day, Sunday.

Okay, I will be phoning through tomorrow and the list looks like:

Mungler

Pin

The Stalker

Martincavie

Suffolk Shooter

SS can't do Sunday and it may well be the Saturday has been booked out.

Let me know if there are any others who want to come and or what days can or can't be done.

Friday would be an excellant choice guys if at all possible, means double brownie points ;) for being with the missus and kids all weekend ??? .

Let me know when the date is fixed and who if anyone I owe money to, and i'll be there.

Large loads is order of the day as Cat suggested, so Semi auto I think with 56g BB's for the 15 yard rabbit might just be enough <_<:P??????

SS :(

SS,

Notwithstanding the fact that "anything goes" in the cartridge stakes, I personally won't be using anything more than my normal 28 gram clay loads.

The "big bombers" are fine for those people that use them regularly, but they do take a bit of getting used to, and my advice would be to stick to your normal shells unless you are very comfy with these mega loads.

Don't forget you'll be shooting 2 x 100 bird layouts in one day, you'll need to stay really focussed on the last 50 targets to be in the running, that's where most people burn out.

It's a good layout, on a nice ground, not the easiest place to find, so make sure you know where it is before you set off..!! <_<

Cat.

It's a good layout, on a nice ground, not the easiest place to find, so make sure you know where it is before you set off..!! ???

Cat.

I heard LB might have a SatNAV for sale :( :P

Seriously though, I will be using 28gram 7.5's for the day. I don't see any need to use larger loads. If you're in the right place, you'll hit them with what ever you use. <_<

I'm going to take part to enjoy the day(s) rather than seriously compete. You never know, having a relexed attitude, might mean I hit a few more than necessary. At the end of the day I will be looking to get 50-60% any more and it's a bonus.

SS ;)

Okay.

I have phoned the guy and all of Sunday has been booked out.

There is some of Saturday available but maybe not for a whole squad (squads are in 7). It looks like the last slot available is 12.30 p.m. on the Saturday and that would mean finishing at 7 to 7.30 p.m.

We can have FRIDAY 20th APRIL with a kick off time of 11.40 a.m.

All those who want in, PM me with confirmation and your full names and addresses so I can book in.

I have this slot provisionally held until tomorrow so chop chop

It's a good layout, on a nice ground, not the easiest place to find, so make sure you know where it is before you set off..!! ???

Cat.

I heard LB might have a SatNAV for sale :( :P

Seriously though, I will be using 28gram 7.5's for the day. I don't see any need to use larger loads. If you're in the right place, you'll hit them with what ever you use. <_<

I'm going to take part to enjoy the day(s) rather than seriously compete. You never know, having a relexed attitude, might mean I hit a few more than necessary. At the end of the day I will be looking to get 50-60% any more and it's a bonus.

SS ;)

You're wise to stick to 28 gram loads.

I can promise you an excellent layout, with some seriously good targets, (Pin, don't expect to hit 90%, it ain't Broomhills..!! ??? )

There will be targets there that will need a fair bit of lead, so bear that in mind.

Cat.

EDIT:

Its Friday 20th April.

It looks like the Friday is a problem for some, so PM me with your preference and we can put it to the vote.

I have no preference but am coming round to the idea of doing it on the Saturday even though it will be a late finish.

Okay, by popular demand it is Friday and we have a (over) full squad - I will see if they can cater for 8 but if they won't budge off 7 then I will volunteer myself for the Saturday to shoot with Martin because he can't do the Friday and of course is in desparate need of my shooting tuition and hommmmmmmm skills.

The A Squad

Mungler

Suffolk Shooter

Pin

Stealth Stalker

BTMS

Farmerguy.22

Tosspot

The Stalker

I have all your names and addresses which I will of course be passing over to my double glazing clients and some offshore telemarketers.

I will update first thing tomorrow once I have spoken to "the Man".