Essex Gun Masters

Mungler

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay,

I have just tried to look on the web to find out where the Parkford Shooting Centre is.

Now, I stuck Parkford into Google and you get 2 sponsored links to Parkford Shooting Centre :

http://www.parkfordsc.com/corporate.html

Am I missing something - where is the address, map, directions bit, opening hours?

Muppets.

Suffolk s.

Yes if there is one one.

Mungler best route is A12 follow sigs for Clacton A120 then Clacton A133 of the slip road down to the bottom turn right park in the Manheim Car Auction car park give me a ring follow me in if you want.

Brian, just got your message - freekin phone goes to voice mail after 3 rings and my legs were built for comfort, not speed.

Will see you you chaps there from 10 a.m. provided the traffic on the A12 ain't too stooopid.

Cavie, tell the cafe on the ground to slaughter an extra pig (hell make it two).

Andy

I'm moving to Essex in early June, having just found a job in Chelmsford. I've obviously missed the opportunity to get involved in the Masters' shoot in a few weeks, but I'm itching to get out shooting at a decent clay ground when I have finally escaped London.

Do any of you shoot near Chelmsford and its surrounds? I'm completely unfamiliar with the area, so any advice would be appreciated.

Hi Baldrick,

There is several of us on here who shoot all over Essex and suffolk. We are due a meet up soon so keep watching the posts.

Let us know when you are here and settled and we'll arrange somthing. :lol::angry:

I'm moving to Essex in early June, having just found a job in Chelmsford. I've obviously missed the opportunity to get involved in the Masters' shoot in a few weeks, but I'm itching to get out shooting at a decent clay ground when I have finally escaped London.

Do any of you shoot near Chelmsford and its surrounds? I'm completely unfamiliar with the area, so any advice would be appreciated.

I have shot at Essex Shooting Ground quite a bit, its at Fyfield about 15 mins from Chelmsford, nice people and some good stations to shoot from

http://www.procoachshootingschool.com/

Regards

Andy

Okay, MC have you found a suitable rendezvous point for Friday that can deliver bacon rolls and tea?

I still have no idea where Hepworth House / Hall or whatever is.

Anyone who knows where it is and wants a lift from Brentwood then drop me a PM.

I also have a little present for the Pigeon Watch shooting squad - that is provided the bloke I bought off of eBay delivers in time.

Pete,

The cafe is in Hastead High St, 62 High St, Halstead, CO9 2JG

01787 478 548

I have not had time to check it out but I am sure they do tea and bacon rolls.

I myself have started a strict training regime ready for friday, I had a full english with bubble and squeak for breakfast and a 1/4pound cheeseburger for lunch :good::good:

Have been round two local shoots today and been getting funny looks for homming and chanting "be the clay"

Cafe in Halstead

Andy,

You present isn't one of these is it?

Knobber Trophy

Just before 9.00AM? ? ?

Jesus Andy how many breakfasts are you planning on having? I was going to suggest 9.45 in case the cafe was busy.

Hepworth Hall is about 5minutes up the road, And that is if we get stuck behind a tractor. :good::lol:

Our slot is 11.40 yes?

Will go with the flow but wouldn't mind having a bit of a nose around at a few stands prior to shooting and maybe a bit of a warm up on the pool shoot so getting to the ground for 10.30 would be nice, remember we gotta book in and pay also and be on the nominated stand a few minutes early. Bearing in mind we will probably overstretch the waiting staff at the cafe with burgeoning orders for 8 gutbusting brekkies a 9.00 nosebag sounds just the ticket.

The Knobber Trophy looks swell Martin, has it been engraved already :good::lol:

Guys,

Don't expect Haute Cuisine at the ground, ( I never go there for the food.. :yes::lol: ), all that's there is a burger van, my advice is to have a good nosh in the local cafe before you get there, walking the course is OK, but it's a bit spread out, (unlike the Horne), so allow plenty of time.!!

Enjoy, guys, I can't wait to see your scores.. :good::lol::lol::good:

Cat.

Cat

The Essex thing for me is all about the experience, another ground visited and targets seen

i am under no delusions of grandure a score of 130-140 ex 200 and i will leave happy, there i've done it i'm under the cosh now :good::lol: (will edit later accordingly)

most of all the day will be about spending some more time with new friends that i would never of met if it wasn't for that square thing that sits in the corner of my living room, as we all embark on a journey of trying to better our shooting and hopefully having a bit of fun on the way

this year the plan is to get about to new venues more and hopefully get in to A class, i appreciate Horne ain't the most demanding shoot in the world but it's close and cheerful and if nothing else good practise