Essex Gun Masters

Mungler

I am definetly scared, I am now quaking in my boots at the thought I may get beaten. :good::lol:

My rifle coach said a while back, "Shooting is like sex, if it hurts you are doing it wrong" . Now that may not apply to everyone especially the ones with strange peversions. But in the main it is true.

Good luck with the lessons, and I hope they work for you, I look forward to having to raise the bar to keep up with you.

In my experience I have always tried to beat the people I shoot with and then you reach a plateau, If you beat me then I will have to try harder the next time.

I am coming to lakenheath on the 24th to get in some extra practice. And to beat my last score.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My rifle coach said a while back, "Shooting is like sex, if it hurts you are doing it wrong"

Good luck with the lessons, and I hope they work for you, I look forward to having to raise the bar to keep up with you. In my experience I have always tried to beat the people I shoot with and then you reach a plateau, If you beat me then I will have to try harder the next time. I am coming to lakenheath on the 24th to get in some extra practice. And to beat my last score.

Firstly, What size bore rifle you using, if it's only a .22 or .177 then I'm not surprised it's hurting :lol::lol:

Secondly, I know exactly what you mean about raising the bar, I keep trying against you, but only the one victory at the garrison to date :lol: So close on more than one occasion, but close isn't enough is it.

No doubt about it my shooting has definately gone from being on that plateau, to being improved. Now all I have to do is to iron out the kinks, and improve some more. I think a lot of it is definately in the head in terms of confidence. I once tried another cartridge other than Eley, had a bad day, and refuse to use anything else now. I've had the stock altered to fit on the sporter, so now that's another thing dealt with. I believe that if you eliminate the excuses, no matter how little, one by one, then you can go onto to improve dramatically. Of course there comes a point when you peak, and then it comes down to reading individually targets, concentration, which side of the bed you got out of etc.

I hope to get rid of all the silly little errors/habits I have acquired and move on so that 80% ex 200 birds is the norm rather than a dream or exception. My goal as I stated in another thread is to do this mostly in Skeet discipline. Fingers crossed, it goes well.

SS :lol:

PS, look forward to you coming over on 24th MC. Rematch on??

Well then this is shaping up to a definitive head to challenge, what!

200 birds all the same for everyone, oh yes.

No quibbling over who shot what & what way round on this stand or the other

A certificated score and unargueable bragging rights :huh: :( :lol:

so i propose some form of handicap system in the form of those who own the most expensive guns must give those less fortunate a 20 bird start.

Hmmmm i believe that may be a tie for a couple of you

ps Mr Mungler what are we to do about monies, i take it they require cash up front.

Pete,

You obviously missed the post, Mungler is paying for all of us and claiming the money back through corporate entertainment expenses.

Don't get to cocky if you win as we will fill your truck up with a bit more than cardboard boxes. About 30,000 fired 12 bore cartridge cases will do for starters.

I have got a trophy for the winner.

The Beretta World at Meon Springs last year was a **** layout, when I asked why there were 2 traps alongside each other on every stand, I was told, "when one runs out, we just use the other one" :huh:, I simply couldn't believe it..!!

There will be fast, close birds that will catch everybody out, plus rangy fast battues and slow floaters, a much better quality layout than the Beretta World.

Cat

Pete,

You obviously missed the post, Mungler is paying for all of us and claiming the money back through corporate entertainment expenses.

Don't get to cocky if you win as we will fill your truck up with a bit more than cardboard boxes. About 30,000 fired 12 bore cartridge cases will do for starters.

I have got a trophy for the winner.

Cavie's planning on working off his "entry fee" the hard way with the event organisers. Well he may get enough for a small box of D&G cartridges.

I haven't heard anything but the events people have your addresses and I would guess that they will want cash on the day - but I agree that if they have any sense they will want money up front in case is ****** with rain and no one wants to go.

I will give them a ring and find out the SP

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't heard anything but the events people have your addresses and I would guess that they will want cash on the day - but I agree that if they have any sense they will want money up front in case is ****** with rain and no one wants to go.

I will give them a ring and find out the SP

Mungler,

What is the SP then?? I know Catamong said pay on the day, but anymore info?

SS(Suffolk) :/

after reading the Essex Masters posts in the How did we get on today thread

could we nominate a nose bag meeting point, as i am paranoid about getting a touch of the LB's and becoming hopelessly lost

ps. have i mentioned lately that i have a bad shoulder, suffer from ADHD, guns playing about, bought a bad batch of shells and that i have a symptomatic compulsion to make everyone elses scores appear better that what in reality they may be

Since we are making excuses, choose from the following :-

I have only been shooting for a year, I have a crappy bottom of the range gun, I don't have any arms, I am hungry, I want a fried breakfast, I have holes in my pattern oh and any I miss I will be appealing to the ref asking for a "chip" to be awarded.

That should do it :rolleyes:

Don't worry Pete,

I am going to check out the local greasy spoon's at the weekend and will let you know which is best. (it's a tough job but someone needs to do it.)

I will try and get a post code for those with Sat Nav.

Up for it now ----cholestral now 4.2

Her in doors says I have LOST TOO much weight of my bum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Physio working on my shoulder . Old gun but new chokes :lol: Not tried them :good:

Lots of GUINNESS IN FRIDGE :D Wife being nice :good: What have I to loose?

Credit card locked up. Booked her in for a facial and a rub down.

Bliss and brownie points, pass be a Havana :):lol:

Brian

Martin,

Thanks will be there picking her indoors car up at 0830 from the service docks then straight in for it.

Will bring the new gun and 42 gram carts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody else for a quick round :good:?:good:??? or

Brian