Beretta silver pigeon 5

Foxwit

That's towards dealer money, if he'd take 1500 it's worth it, if not you can get a very good 686/687 for 1200.same gun different colour action basically.

Dealer would I reckon offer 1k for it. 28" less popular these days (makes little difference) and fixed choke always less desirable.

Great guns, I have a 687 game, 28", fixed choke, paid a lot less too. It would need to be good for that money, very good.

About the same here. Mine is a 20 gauge in 687 trim with 28" fixed chokes. I think I paid 1350 or maybe 1450 2 years ago. It was pristine condition though, maybe 100 cartridges through it and sold to the first owner from the same shop less than 12 months prior. They had a similar one with multichoke and the same specs for another £100. The prices have gone up on them over the past 2 years though. I think 1650 might be a bit high, 1500 for a 12 gauge is probably about right if it is pristine.

As noted, they are the same gun as all of the silver pigeon series (and for that matter all of the 686/687 series) internally. The only difference in the SP5 is the case coloring and gold inlay, plus the wood is often nicer looking. They are all aesthetic upgrades. I love case coloring with gold inlay, so was completely taken by the gun when I got it and I still love it. I want a 12 to match, but can't justify it since I don't shoot a 12 much. I have also looked at the Silver pigeon SP-C which is the base silver pigeon with case coloring. They aren't common, but they exist and are cheaper than SP5s.

rick

For a Silver Pigeon V that is not a bad price. There are 5 or 6 secondhand examples on guntrader prices from £1645 to £1995. As its been mentioned It is basicly a Silver Pigeon with a case colouring to the metal work with a gold colored inlay on each side of the action and underneath and a upgraded woodwork.

I think some people may be giving you the price of a non V Siver Pigeon. It you want to save a few quid a lower grade SP can be found in good condition for less than a £1000.

The SP V is a cosmetic only upgrade from the 'lesser' Silver Pigeons. Some people really liked the faux colour case hardened action with gold coloured pheasants. They were not very popular, probably due to the somewhat 'traditional' styling, and most of them date from about 8-9 years ago, at which time the more expensive sporter version had a dealer price of about £1700 - £1800 brand new. The SP V was discontinued along with the SP IV (which was even less popular) about 3-4 years ago.

A 28" version with fixed chokes would be the least desirable model and the price should reflect that. I would suggest a fair price in a private sale would be about £1250 - £1300.