Cheery things to lift the spirits

bigbird

I have another - the pied wagtail who hangs around looking so merry when it sees me on the yard, waiting for me to go and get a crust or two for it. Really makes me smile.

And another, the look on one particular cocker of mine's face when she's working. Her eyes all but laugh at me as she pings about being a loon...

Try the wagtail on some grated cheese- they love it where I work and I'd imagine the high fat content will be good for them this time of year.

Taking my 16 month old cocker out on his first day (too young I know i know) and watching him pick up a cock bird runner that was as big as him. A quick wrestle and he brought him straight back. Brought a tear to my eye. Happy

Now on plane on runway about to depart to India. Depressed

Back Saturday. Happy

were in a new build so don't get any birds visiting so any tips would be great , only the wing ones please . But I will be making beef stew tomorrow ready for the shoot day so can't wait to smell that

Fat-balls, peanuts and sunflower seeds in feeders around the garden worked for us when we moved in to our new build.

It took time for the blue-tits, robins and blackbirds to turn up, but they did eventually - along with the squirrels, pigeons and magpies. The last three have been thinned out with the Logun

Fat-balls, peanuts and sunflower seeds in feeders around the garden worked for us when we moved in to our new build.

It took time for the blue-tits, robins and blackbirds to turn up, but they did eventually - along with the squirrels, pigeons and magpies. The last three have been thinned out with the Logun

The birds love fat balls. I like watching them banging away at them.

Edited by ack-ack