anyone know what these binos are?

nderfel

been offered these at what I think may be a good price, thing is the seller can only give me the serial number, XB856C so I don't know anything else about them

all I know is that they are

Magnification: 8x
Field of view at 1000M: 110M
Dia. of objective lens: 56mm
Exit pupil aperture: 7mm
Eye relief: 23.5mm
Focusing range: 5m -
Weight: 1100g

any help or advice gratefully received

cheers

post-68431-0-36137000-1417505150_thumb.jpg

post-68431-0-86320100-1417505175_thumb.jpg

Is there any military type markings on them or any other markings? What material is the strap made off? They have the build look of Hensoldt or Bresser but difficult to confirm with no markings. I'm intrigued by the flip up rain guards. Do you not know some one who has a reasonable pair that you could compare the optics with. They could be a reasonable pair made for the military or some cheap Korean copy. Impossible to say unless handled.

I would never buy optical equipment online. Well to be frank I would never buy anything online where testing or comparison is required.

You need to look through them. See what the clarity and resolution are like, do they suit your eye, do they feel right and balanced, are they the right size and weight for what you will be using them for, how precise is the focussing ring. Humping a deadweight of large binos around is a pain in the proverbial however much of a bargain they are.

This is a typical item where you need to go to a shop with a good range price and qualitywise and make your choice from there. You pay a bit more for quality but in the end it is money well spent.

I would never buy optical equipment online. Well to be frank I would never buy anything online where testing or comparison is required.

You need to look through them. See what the clarity and resolution are like, do they suit your eye, do they feel right and balanced, are they the right size and weight for what you will be using them for, how precise is the focussing ring. Humping a deadweight of large binos around is a pain in the proverbial however much of a bargain they are.

This is a typical item where you need to go to a shop with a good range price and qualitywise and make your choice from there. You pay a bit more for quality but in the end it is money well spent.

I agree with all of that. I do go to the shops / fairs whatever try them all out, but then buy second hand from somewhere like ebay. I have bought some cracking equipment all at a fraction of what shop retail would cost. If you are patient you can usually find what you want quite close by so you can even travel to collect. Don't buy new from a retailer.

Probably Chinese. I bought a similar set in the summer at East Anglian Game Fair. I need them for fowling.

£40. Horrible case and strap. Plastic lenses and will let in the damp. 10 x 50. But they work reasonably OK for what I want. They'll get knelt on in the truck - as were the last ones -or left on a marsh somewhere or dropped whilst out stalking.

But that's why I paid £40. Not going to buy a pair of top rate glasses with ground glass lenses for that.

£80 - Not a chance in hell.