Chinese chain saws

harrycatcat1

U don't have to speak to many cutters to hear a few horror stories or see a few scars, round my area every man and his dog worked a saw during the 70's and 80's, which was also before ppe became the norm.

I could list a heap of folk with various scars, injuries and parts missing. It can happen very easyily. even if ur saw is revving a bit on idle its handy to use the chain brake, helped a mate with a job using his saw and chain was constantly running and he's a good mechanic

I don't always were the proper ppe, althou usually wear ear muffs and i cut plenty corners take measuered risk's infact i can be pretty dodgy/complacent at times, but i would never work a saw without a working chain brake, just not worth it. But it does depend on the type of work ur doing with it, but kick back can happen at anytime

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I ask a question? Do you have a chainsaw ticket?

If not I would say stay away from anything with a bar above 12inch. I have pretty much every ticket as I work as a tree surgeon. We were taught to always go with the smallest bar you can get away with. If have and still do take trees 32inch across using only a 12 inch saw. Yeah it doesn't look as impressive stood at the side of someone with a big one ( yes pun intended) but it will do just the same thing you will have less chain bite less kickback and will be lighter to use. As for make I always go stihl. Husq's are a good little saw and have really low vibration but I have found that I can pick someone else's husqy up and can have problems starting them sounds daft but they can kind of get use to the same person starting them and don't like others trying where as the stihls you can give any saw to anyone a couple of pulls and your away...

But hay that's just me....