Sleeping timing problem

fortune

I have developed a sleep problem. In the early evening after dinner, I just can’t keep awake unless I am doing something or working. The problem is so bad that I just switch out. The period that I am asleep can vary from half an hour to several hours and when I wake up I feel really in a lot of pain all over especially in my hands. My hands feel like someone has been standing on them. This soon wears of and I don’t have these problems at any other time of the day or night. When I have recovered from this ordeal I cant go to bed until anywhere from 2am > 3 am. Although this is very useful for night shooting it isn’t very social. I don’t have any problem in waking up at seven and I am alert working throughout the day and not tired until the next evening.

Am I alone with this problem or do the masses have sleeping problems also? Most blokes that I have spoken to about this seem to keel over in the afternoon or evening anyway.

I have always slept rubbish, snored and felt tired durning the day

Turns out I have a mild sleep apnea

Locum doctor spotted it and gave me a simple verbal test

With treatment and a nose op. I sleep like a baby now, feel better during the day, and never nap

Don't agree with the older you get the more naps you need comment.

Google 'epworth test '

http://www.whh.nhs.uk/_store/documents/epworthsleepinessscale.pdf

Like everyone else, no idea about the pain thing, doc would be my next move.

Edited by bubble

I think all of the advise above could be correct and all worth taking, however I also think that we can get ourselves into unnatural sleep patterns. Try to revert your current pattern to what used to be acceptable for you. When you feel the overwhelming need for a bit of kip set th alarm on your phone to wake you up after say a couple of hours, then try after a while to reduce the time gradually to say 30 minutes.

A 30 minute power nap is generally good for most people. But always set an alarm or you will fall back into the wrong pattern.

Hope that helps

Sometimes for me it's a case of 'shut down and restart' much the same way as it is for a computer. If I'm feeling completely knackered and likely to drop off (and if I do), even if something wakes me up just a few minutes later I usually feel much refreshed, even though I may have only been asleep for a couple of minutes.

Anyone else get this?

Sometimes for me it's a case of 'shut down and restart' much the same way as it is for a computer. If I'm feeling completely knackered and likely to drop off (and if I do), even if something wakes me up just a few minutes later I usually feel much refreshed, even though I may have only been asleep for a couple of minutes.

Anyone else get this?

Yes absolutely. When I was working I used to drive a lot, sometimes not leaving for home until the evening with a hundred or more miles to go. When I felt tired I would pull into the services, set my alarm for 20 minutes and wake up refreshed and ready to go on.