Windy Pigeons

pigeon controller

I had a text today at 10.00 " Thanks for the bottle ,400 on the Rape" I text back " will be there at 12.00" . So I arrive at the farm at 12.00 and I see about fifty birds on four fields , check the flightline in the very strong wind and set up with the" JDog System " that is no magnet just twelve real birds. ten on cradles ,one angel and a floater. Two birds just came straight in . The rest of the flock just lifted and disapeared into the distance. If DB had been with me he would not have contemplated to set up but I wanted to show willing as its a new farm. I shot till 15.00 and picked up eighteen. When I spoke to the farmer he told me it was shot by his son and friends on Saturday and he spooked the flock this morning with two rockets.

The main concern I had was that the birds were in the valleys and this farm is on the edge of the Birmingham Plateau so well elevated and very windy. I took some pictures of my set up as i'm often asked how I set up. unfortunatly the result was not what was expected.

911b088d-f1d7-48de-86c1-1807a2e88925_zps

1d44337f-987a-4e4e-83b2-bea8049e61f8_zps9852b8f3-e344-4343-9b11-cdd3fb9ab69c_zps

You are human :good:

Nice pics as always.....

Merry Xmas PC

And in keeping with the best of pantomime tradition...........'oh no he's not'.

Why didn't the farmer tell you that it had been shot on Saturday? Whereas I would cross that farmer off my list you will cultivate the relationship and shoot hundreds on his ground.