Gaep spinner

The faster you run the roll crimp tool the more prone you are to overheat the plastic causing it to mould into shape and not roll it into a neat crimp, My crimp tool is mounted directly onto the motor shaft and controlled with an invertor with a speed range from 1rpm to 3000rpm , At the higher speed it will give a perfect crimp but anything more than 1 second of pressure and the cartridge when fired shears the crimp off instead of unfolding it as the plastic has heated up to much and moulded it into shape.

Not sure how fast the drill is that i use now but the first one was a 1000 rpm and was to fast as above it just burnt the plastic into shape. The new one is turned down to as low as it will go around 450/500 and is fine as for lube i tend to use Vaseline and a small paint brush but i find as the brass heats up with use you don"t need to lube as much

The faster you run the roll crimp tool the more prone you are to overheat the plastic causing it to mould into shape and not roll it into a neat crimp, My crimp tool is mounted directly onto the motor shaft and controlled with an invertor with a speed range from 1rpm to 3000rpm , At the higher speed it will give a perfect crimp but anything more than 1 second of pressure and the cartridge when fired shears the crimp off instead of unfolding it as the plastic has heated up to much and moulded it into shape.

Is the invertor you use commercially available or is it something you've made yourself?

• 2 weeks later...