Punctures.

Cranfield

Last week, I had a flat tyre due to a small split in the offside wall of a General Grabber tyre, that was only about 3 months old.

I tried two tyre places and both said that they would not repair the sidewall of a tyre, so I had to buy another new General Grabber.

Since then a couple of people have told me that some tyre places do repair sidewall punctures.

Has anyone had experience of this ?

ive had the same problem............but havnt heard of anyone offering to do a repair.........ONLY if it is for farmwork or off-road.......my mate has them done for his landrover only if it is off the vehicle and he says it is for a farm trailer..............

If you don't want to replace the tyre why not put a patch- NOT a plug over the hole then fit an inner tube if it's a 70 or 80 series profile tyre- that's qhT I'd do if it were my own car.

If you don't want to replace the tyre why not put a patch- NOT a plug over the hole then fit an inner tube if it's a 70 or 80 series profile tyre- that's qhT I'd do if it were my own car.

It's not so common nowadays but most tyre places that deal in agricultural or plant tyres and some commercial tyres could get 'major repairs' done often on a weekly turn around.

Car tyres and PSV tyres tended not to be done (officially), The fitting of tyres in tubeless tyres is no longer an approved method of repair as it can chafe causing sudden failure,

Older tube type tyres had more pronounced ribs/texture inside to stop the tube sliding inside the tyre (it's actually the tyre that creeps around the rim)

It's not so common nowadays but most tyre places that deal in agricultural or plant tyres and some commercial tyres could get 'major repairs' done often on a weekly turn around.

Car tyres and PSV tyres tended not to be done (officially), The fitting of tyres in tubeless tyres is no longer an approved method of repair as it can chafe causing sudden failure,

Older tube type tyres had more pronounced ribs/texture inside to stop the tube sliding inside the tyre (it's actually the tyre that creeps around the rim)

thats exactly how it was explained to me ...when i wanted to put tubes in my tubless tyres ....