Ammo lose in pocket, yes or no?

I've ended up with a pocket full of .22LR Eley subs as the stupid plastic tray 'dispenser' they come in lost its lid and they all fell out. All 50 of them. Being generally lazy I elected not to stand there feeding them back, one by one into the plastic box as I guessed that if it happened once it could happen again, so I left them there.

Other than the obvious storage issues with them being not in the cabinet, would leaving them in the pocket for the next couple of trips and just taking a few at a time to top up the magazine be the end of the world? It's a clean and dry pocket. Tempted to just leave them there!

Incidentally, because of the stupid hard plastic containers what make them rattle when walking, as well as the added issue of the lid coming off I don't think I'll be buying Eleys any more. Back to the cardboard boxed ones for me.

just put some tissue/foam/padding in the bottom of the hard plastic eley one and "two way" an elastic band around it (like a parcel)

keeps crud out, paper keeps heads against lid

rattle free, can be one hand opened and tipped into your hand whilst still in pocket

can count out 5 at a time

laccy band snaps lid shut when you let go

IMG_2396_zpsuwrb0iwm.jpg

personally I have 5 mags for the sako quad, 4x5 1x10

keep them filled

fill them between walks/shooting spots

Edited by Bewsher500