Meet the UKIPers

ack-ack

It tells you the other parties are running scared and using the power they hold in the media to disrupt and discredit UKIP at every opportunity, and there are some like you who swallow it hook line and sinker.

Are you sure you don't work for one of the main parties?you seem to be the most prolific poster on anything related to UKIP,trying to pedal your soft version of i i don't have any interest but let me try to discredit in a subtle sort of way, you and parawotsit must work together, who's your boss FM. :)

no i dont work for a political party thats just paranoid mate, im sure even the other partys have more to do than respond to pw posts . not everyone who does not see ukip as the answer is plotting their demise i just say it as i see it. wasn't me who went on tv and made nigel look an idiot and it wasn't me who made the show. blame ukip thanet south for being numpties thats what went wrong nothing more nothing less if you want someone to blame.

Edited by overandunder2012

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no i dont work for a political party thats just paranoid mate. not everyone who does not see ukip as the answer is plotting their demise i just say it as i see it. wasn't me who went on tv and made nigel look an idiot and it wasn't me who made the show.

You really do have an unhealthy interest with Farage and UKIP

I saw a labour chap on the programming briefly but you can hardly say he disrupted or discredited anything, the kippers did that all by themselves.

The biggest threat to the 3 main parties is not from UKIP but from themselves. The trouble is they areare far too stuck in the system and mindset they have created, so that change is more frightening than anything. UKIP seem to be able to do and say anything, no matter how bonkers, and people love them more and all because they dont behave like the others! Its a ridiculous situation where the more people point out ukips massive shortcomings the more entrenched the support.

Nf is trying to purge the party of extremist and mutters, but when he finally succeeds all he'll have left is just another safe, predictable political mainstream party almost as indistinguishable as the rest.

We Brits do love a character !

We Brits do love a character !

thats true

You really do have an unhealthy interest with Farage and UKIP

really its not me who says how great he is every 5 mins :lol: said it before said it again all four partys are full of **** what part of that didn't you get?

I saw a labour chap on the programming briefly but you can hardly say he disrupted or discredited anything, the kippers did that all by themselves.

The biggest threat to the 3 main parties is not from UKIP but from themselves. The trouble is they areare far too stuck in the system and mindset they have created, so that change is more frightening than anything. UKIP seem to be able to do and say anything, no matter how bonkers, and people love them more and all because they dont behave like the others! Its a ridiculous situation where the more people point out ukips massive shortcomings the more entrenched the support.

Nf is trying to purge the party of extremist and mutters, but when he finally succeeds all he'll have left is just another safe, predictable political mainstream party almost as indistinguishable as the rest.

I think that is a really valid point, we are almost at the point where anything different from the mainstream is somehow good by default, regardless of whether it is actually good, bad or just plain daft.

The same thing was true in the Scottish referendum, it became a vote for change and it didn't matter if that was good or bad, it was simply different.

It seems to be a very short sighted way to look at things, but understandable to a large extent.

Edited by grrclark

thats true

really its not me who says how great he is every 5 mins :lol: said it before said it again all four partys are full of **** what part of that didn't you get?

Of course you do :whistling: all the parties get an equal slagging in your eyes, only some get a more equal slagging than others :lol:

Of course you do :whistling: all the parties get an equal slagging in your eyes, only some get a more equal slagging than others :lol:

if you say so mate im sure you know best :lol: im curious did you think the thanet south ukip team where sensible people to be given important roles in the election of nigel, bearing in mind that ukip needs thanet south more than anywhere else?

i wouldn't put any money on nige getting thanet south now mate it was a slim chance before this. iv yet to meet anyone from thanet that was going to vote ukip, but i did meet people who like a lot of people including myself see we need out of europe big time but none where prepared to vote for ukip. most people in thanet seem very opposed to ukip if facebooks anything to go by.

So you base your predictions on Facebook?

A few facts from the Thanet Council website shows that in the EU elections of 2009 the Tories won, with 30% of the vote, UKIP came 2nd with 24% and Labour polled 14%.

Move on to 2014 and at the EU elections UKIP nearly doubled their share of the vote, winning comfortably with 46% of the vote with the Tories on 22% and Labour on 17%.

We know that the EU elections aren't always a mirror of what might happen in a general election, but the results do give an indication as to the voting trend. So looking a little more locally and in 2009 the Tories won 7 out of the 8 seats up for grabs in the Kent County Council election. In 2013 UKIP won 7 out of the 8 seats, with Labour winning the other 1.

Maybe you haven't met anyone in Thanet who will be voting UKIP, but looking at the facts, and not Facebook, I'd have to guess there are quite a few knocking about the area. Obviously we won't know exactly how many until May, and if you honestly think some ex Tory ward councillor saying something stupid will upset the apple cart I suspect you'll be very disappointed.

So you base your predictions on Facebook?

A few facts from the Thanet Council website shows that in the EU elections of 2009 the Tories won, with 30% of the vote, UKIP came 2nd with 24% and Labour polled 14%.

Move on to 2014 and at the EU elections UKIP nearly doubled their share of the vote, winning comfortably with 46% of the vote with the Tories on 22% and Labour on 17%.

We know that the EU elections aren't always a mirror of what might happen in a general election, but the results do give an indication as to the voting trend. So looking a little more locally and in 2009 the Tories won 7 out of the 8 seats up for grabs in the Kent County Council election. In 2013 UKIP won 7 out of the 8 seats, with Labour winning the other 1.

Maybe you haven't met anyone in Thanet who will be voting UKIP, but looking at the facts, and not Facebook, I'd have to guess there are quite a few knocking about the area. Obviously we won't know exactly how many until May, and if you honestly think some ex Tory ward councillor saying something stupid will upset the apple cart I suspect you'll be very disappointed.

if nigel gets thanet south i will hold my hands up and say i was wrong no problem but as i said from whats being said by real people many of whom i know or are people people i know know i will be surprised if ukip get it, makes no dif to me i dont live there. seriously i will ask you the same question i asked welsh1 did you think the thanet south ukip team where sensible people to be given important roles in the election of nigel, bearing in mind that ukip needs thanet south more than anywhere else?

because nigel wants to be an mp, did you think the thanet south ukip team where sensible people to be given important roles in the election of nigel ?

This isn't nigels first attempt he has stood 5 times before,he is already an mep.

As to your other question,I have no idea I do not know who they were,being the other side of the country it is not something that I pay attention to.

This isn't nigels first attempt he has stood 5 times before,he is already an mep.

As to your other question,I have no idea I do not know who they were,being the other side of the country it is not something that I pay attention to.

they were the people featured in the program we were discussing mate, if you watch it i think you would have to agree that there were some poor choices made.

they were the people featured in the program we were discussing mate, if you watch it i think you would have to agree that there were some poor choices made.

All parties make poor choices ,at the very top of the Labour Party under blair were communists peter mandelson and John Reid to name two.

The program was done to smear,I have no need to watch it I can imagine how it was edited,but it shows that the other parties are scared of UKIP,they have a smear campaign running the like of which hasn't been seen before,but that's ok the public can see through it,

How about we talk about those fine upstanding MPs that have been lining their own pockets in the news.

All parties make poor choices ,at the very top of the Labour Party under blair were communists peter mandelson and John Reid to name two.

The program was done to smear,I have no need to watch it I can imagine how it was edited,but it shows that the other parties are scared of UKIP,they have a smear campaign running the like of which hasn't been seen before,but that's ok the public can see through it,

How about we talk about those fine upstanding MPs that have been lining their own pockets in the news.

well if you didn't watch the show your not really able to give an informed opinion on it so there was not much point in asking you the question about the persons featured in it. maybe you should have taken a look before deciding its all lies. to most people the things said were obviously not edited the ukip press officer was cringing and i believe resigned over it. it was a pr disaster mate and thats not me being anti ukip its just how it was.

well if you didn't watch the show your not really able to give an informed opinion on it so there was not much point in asking you the question about the persons featured in it. maybe you should have taken a look before deciding its all lies. to most people the things said were obviously not edited the ukip press officer was cringing and i believe resigned over it. it was a pr disaster mate and thats not me being anti ukip its just how it was.

I don't need to give an informed opinion ,most papers reported it,as I said a blatant attempt to discredit UKIP,as I understand it the woman with the bizarre racist comment was expelled straight away,so is not even a member of UKIP

And when you say that's not being anti UKIP,you do make me laugh,in every thread that has mentioned UKIP you are there like a vulture at a carcass ,you never give a positive comment and you will not show your political affiliations,you are a staunch supporter of one of the other parties and it gets boring having to go down this route whenever you are commenting on UKIP, so I am bowing out now as I don't have energy to feed the troll,I will leave it up to someone else this time.

Welsh, you really should watch it. No editing on earth could have spun those comments from thin air, and to be fair to UKIP I don't think they suggested dodgy editing was in any way a factor.

I don't know who floated the idea of the program but it was clearly agreed to by both sides, and reading between the lines, it looks like the PR lady from UKIP hoped that it would be a great platform for them, and the BBC producer hoped for some UKIP mentalists to say mentalist stuff. There was only 1 winner.

if nigel gets thanet south i will hold my hands up and say i was wrong no problem but as i said from whats being said by real people many of whom i know or are people people i know know i will be surprised if ukip get it, makes no dif to me i dont live there. seriously i will ask you the same question i asked welsh1 did you think the thanet south ukip team where sensible people to be given important roles in the election of nigel, bearing in mind that ukip needs thanet south more than anywhere else?

I'm sure the people voting in those elections were real people too. Just because you don't know them doesn't mean they're not real.

Farage's campaign is not being 'run' by the people in Thanet. They will do the day to day stuff, delivering leaflets, answering the phones and other mundane stuff. The campaign itself is being coordinated and run by Steve Crowther, Raheem Kasam, Paul Lambert and Chris Bruni-Lowe (look them up).

I don't need to give an informed opinion ,most papers reported it,as I said a blatant attempt to discredit UKIP,as I understand it the woman with the bizarre racist comment was expelled straight away,so is not even a member of UKIP

And when you say that's not being anti UKIP,you do make me laugh,in every thread that has mentioned UKIP you are there like a vulture at a carcass ,you never give a positive comment and you will not show your political affiliations,you are a staunch supporter of one of the other parties and it gets boring having to go down this route whenever you are commenting on UKIP, so I am bowing out now as I don't have energy to feed the troll,I will leave it up to someone else this time.

well there's no point discussing it with you really as you just go with what the paper said so you dont know what your talking about really as you choose to comment on something you haven't even seen, its odd cos usually your saying the papers all tell lies, but i guess the headline must suit you this time. who comments on something they haven't even watched and then calls someone else a troll you couldn't make it up could you :lol: anyway hand bags away ladies back to civilized discussion hopefully.

politically for the record i like some of what the torys done and some of what the older labour party was about but who cares about the past its now that counts so i struggle as theres no party with the sensible parts of both partys which is why im a undecided voter. happy now? im sorry my failing to take ukip seriously causes you anxiety but its just a thread lets just move on and agree to disagree

Whilst I agree with your comments in the main,I will court controversy and say the loopy woman did not actually make a racist comment at all , she stated she had an irrational dislike for *****'s she also stated she did not understand why and tried to reason it (badly) out,that is it not a racist comment or an offensive word is it,had she referred to them using another more offensive N word then yes it would have been reprehensible, but surely regardless of the amount of marbles involved one can state a dislike, after all we are still supposed to be a free and tolerant society, yet no tolerance is given here to an obviously "odd" woman.

I note on posting that a legitimate word has been censored, perhaps that is testament to how frightened we are now to be realistic on the race issue.

KW

Edited by kdubya

I'm sure the people voting in those elections were real people too. Just because you don't know them doesn't mean they're not real.

Farage's campaign is not being 'run' by the people in Thanet. They will do the day to day stuff, delivering leaflets, answering the phones and other mundane stuff. The campaign itself is being coordinated and run by Steve Crowther, Raheem Kasam, Paul Lambert and Chris Bruni-Lowe (look them up).

hi poontang you seem sensible kind of chap would you say the program was a pr disaster or not?

There were over 12,000 minutes of footage shot and out of that they used 60 minutes that focused on a couple that have a collection of clowns and a woman with bigoted view on black people. The guy who runs the Thanet South office (Stuart) was on Radio Kent yesterday (here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02jmlfw at the 18 minutes mark) and said they were assured it was going to be an unbiased and fair representation of UKIP. They filmed them talking to the people of the area and discussing their views on them as a party. So I take it that was the bit at the port of Ramsgate where they were shouted down by the protesters. Very fair. The film crew clearly weren't that interested in Piers Wauchope because he had a good idea what the outcome was going to be, after editing.

No one condones what the counsellor woman said but to say this is a true representation of them as a party and that they are clearly masking an underlying racist theme or feeling is completely absurd. As has been said before, the established parties are cacking themselves and are using any means within their power to prevent them from gaining ground. If they weren't such a bunch of lying, cheating, deceitful, artful, conniving, two faced, self serving, hypocritical low lifes then the public may feel more inclined to be engaged with them, in the way that a lot of people feel engaged with UKIP.

In short O&U, yes, they did **** up, big time, but it was because of one person and her beliefs which she should have known better than to air in front of BBC film crew and if she wasn't aware of that then yes, she shouldn't have been in office in the first place. But I still stand by my beliefs that it was a total set up and they were lead in to it by the film crew who chose to not remain impartial and use the bits that they knew would have those that doubt UKIP's values to nod sagely to themselves whilst feeling superior in the knowledge that they have been proved right (not).